Chapter 40- Mission Pt.3

*Steves point of view*

I hate the fact that she's pissed off at me, especially at a mission like this one. We're in Russia and I know she hasn't been back here since she escaped with Clint, she's probably terrified but too tough to admit it. I tried talking to her on the journey up to the Target but she seemed deep in thought.

Me and Bucky spread around the building, knocking out any agent who decided to challenge us. We both split off around opposite sides of the building, aiming to get around the building and knock out anyone who was still conscious. We were invading an old mansion, fighting in gardens filled with dull flowers, surrounded by weeds. The place looked run down but they put up a good fight. Tony was circling the building, shooting anyone who posed as a threat. Clint was up on the roof, watching our backs and telling us if there are any groups of guards, he told us he spotted at black van but they look like tourists who realised they took a wrong turning, speeding away rather quickly. Wanda was destroying any remote controlled guns or bombs that could effect our fight, disarming them. Nat was inside getting intel on Hydra's bases but I don't think she has said anything since she got in the building. I think Tony was thinking the same thing.
"Nat? What have you got?" He asked into the intercom but there was no response. I fought more aggressively, something is not right.
"Nat? Hello? Not a time to play around!" Clint added. I'm guessing he realised something was wrong.
"Has anyone seen Nat leave the building?" Tony asked the group but the answer was the same all around. No.
"We're nearly done out here. Me, Wanda and Bucky will finish up. You guys go in and find her." Tony remarked and both me and Clint went into the building from different entrances, his obviously being from the roof.

I took the entrance she went through to get in. I opened the wooden secret door and was confronted with a stone hallway which ascended into stairs further down the line. Nothing but rats and mice were in here so I ran up the stairs to be confronted with a door, which led out into the first floor of the mansion. Random pictures lined the walls while red carpet covered the hardwood flooring, a significant change from the dark storm tunnel! Where the hell is she?! I saw a door slightly ajar at the end of the hallway, outlined with gold paint. This has to be where she was. I met Clint in the hallway and we walked up to the door, cautiously. I went in first, shield placed in front of me while Clint was behind, his arrow covering my sixth.

The room was grey and cold and covered with dust. The first thing I saw was a file on the massive desk in the middle of the room, then I noticed the pictures, scattered across the floor. Clint clearly didn't and went straight to the file while I picked up one of the images and examined it. A young, frail child was in a cell, crowded in the corner like a frightened puppy. The marks across her back were the colour of her hair, bright red. I picked up another, hoping to make sense of what I can see, hoping that it isn't who I think it is. The next image had a face, black and blue, emerald green eyes stared vulnerably out at the camera. No. No. No. This can't be her. Please don't be her.
"Steve." Clint quivered, the file in his hands, the pictures in mine.
"What the hell is this?!" I raised my voice, trembling in fear.
"We're... we're in the Red Room." Clint stuttered, holding back tears, as was I but I failed to keep them in.
"Clint, please, no." I trembled, stumbling over to him, tears feee flowing down my face. "No. No. No. No." I repeated, refusing to believe it.
"Steve, I'm sorry." Tears were falling from his eyes.
"It can't be." I took the file from his hands and read it. No. No. No. Please dear god no. Not Natasha.
"Steve, don't look down." Clint noticed the pictures, holding his mouth. I gave him the two pictures I had in my hand and he sobbed, as did I.
"She- She- no Natasha, please. I love you." I cried.

"Hey, guys. All cleared-" Tony started but stopped as soon as he saw me and Clint. Clint immediately went out and hugged Wanda, who looked horrified and confused.
"Clint! Where is she?!" She cried.
"They took her." Bucky huffed, distraught. He held up a sign that we didn't notice on the floor.

Too late, Avengers. She's mine now.

"Cap, are you okay?" Tony came over, placing a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't fight anything, physical contact just made me cry more. Tony noticed and pulled me in for a hug.
Clint let go of Wanda and told Bucky to take her downstairs as she doesn't need to witness the awful pictures. He came over to me and told me to go for a walk while they call shield. I couldn't fight so I went and calmed myself down.

All through my walk, I kept repeating "I'm sorry Nat." It's my fault. I should've text her. I should've been there for her when she needed me! I'm her boyfriend. I should protect her. Now she is in the hands of her demon. Someone who can easily hurt her and do all those things that's she told me, all those things they were sick enough to take pictures of! I'm sorry Nat. I really am. I went back to Clint and Tony after I had calmed down a little bit.

"Hey, Steve, she'll be okay." Tony smiled, weakly. "I know you only just got her back as your partner-"
"It's not just that Tony!" I snapped back. I realised how aggressive I was being and just sank down to the floor in embarrassment. "Tony, there's something you should know." I huffed.
"What? Have I missed something?" He asked.
"Nat and I are going out." I huffed. I looked up to find Tony shocked.
"Wait what?!" He exclaimed. "As in, you two are romantically together? You are a couple? Captain America and the Black widow?" He questioned.
"Yes, that's usually what it means." I said sarcastically.
"Oh, Shit damn!" He screamed. "Oh shit. That's why you took it so hard. Oh my god, I'm so sorry Cap."
"It's fine, we had a mini argument and she still hasn't spoken to me and I'm currently beating myself to death, so yeah." I huffed, wiping my face.
"Steve, we are going to find her, I'm not stopping till we do." Clint reassured. I weakly smiled.

There is one thing I'd like to say. I know I'm saying this in my head and she probably will not be able to get this message but I just hope she knows:

Natasha, I hope your okay. I love you so much and I will never stop. I will never ever stop fighting till I find you. I will follow every lead till the end and then I will revisit it, again and again, just to be thorough. Keep fighting, my love, I'll fight forever to find you, even if you're.... not on the earth anymore, I will continue my search so I can give you the rest you so rightfully deserve. Your so precious to me and I'm so sorry that I wasn't there to protect you. I regret not texting you, I will forever. Every night I will pray for you, I will talk to the moon and hope you receive my messages. I love you forever and always, never forget that.
Steve xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

End of Mission pt.3