Chapter 2: Lunch

Rose gives me a look, and says while we keep heading over to the cafeteria, "Shut up. They will love you."

We walk over to the table where they are sitting and Rose says, "Guys, this is Brinley. She's new. Brinley, This is Alice."

Alice gets up, gives me a hug, and says, "Hi."

Rose points to 2 big burly men and says, "The one with the brown hair is Emmett. He's my boyfriend. The one with blond hair is Chase. He's Alice's boyfriend."

I say, "Hi Emmett. Rose stop acting like this is something wierd. You're not related at all to him. Anyone can tell minus the eyes. But that doesn't matter."

Rose hugs me and says, "Thank you, everybody seems to have an opinion on this, but I like yours."

I playfully wink at her and say, "I'm gonna steal you from him."

Rose laughs at me and says, "Do it."

We laugh and they look at us weird. I look at them and say, "What are you looking at?"

The thin man with bronzy hair that I'mma call Bronzy says, "You and Rosalie are like the same person"

Rose and I look at each other, smirk and say, "Thank you."

I say, "I'm going to meet the rest of you in a minute. I smell french fries amd I'm going to get a bunch of them now. Bronzy stop being weird and staring at me. It's cute when blondie does it, but very weird when you do it."

Blondie smirks and says, "I'm Jasper, Ma'am."

I look at him and say, "OK, Don't ever call me ma'am again, Jasper. I like your accent, though."

I look around the cafeteria and see everybody staring at us. Whatever. I really don't care what they think. I just want french fries. I grab them and then grab ranch and ketchup to dip them in. I go back and sit down by Jasper. I like him. He's nice and is very hot. There's just something about him that draws me to him but it feels right though.

I say, "So Bronzy, what's your real name?"

Bronzy says, "My name is Edward. Please stop calling me Bronzy."

I scrunch up my nose and mouth at him and Emmett bursts out laughing, I lean over to Jasper and say, "Is he always a stuck up asshole?"

Edward looks offended and everyone laughs and Emmett says, "I like her."

Jasper turns to me and says, "Yes he is darlin'."

I smile when he says that. I continue to eat my fries and enjoy them. I should make that for dinner. Dad probably won't be home for dinner.

Alice says, "So, Brinley. Do you like fashion and shopping?"

I perk up and say, "I do to an extent. I'll go especially for purses and shoes. I love boots and heels. I also like to be lazy. I own like 20 pairs of sweatpants."

Alice gasps and says, "That is a sin."

I gasp and say, "The hell it is!"

I say super sweetly, "If you touch my sweatpants I'm going to kill you."

Jasper grabs my hand and says, "Calm down darlin'. Nobody's gonna touch your sweatpants. Are you Alice?"

Alice doesn't like the idea and grumpily says, "I won't touch your sweatpants."

Jasper intertwines our fingers and says, "See."

I smile at him and place my head on his shoulder, and my hair falls over my face in a dark curtain. I try to blow it away. I then see Jasper push my curls away from my face and tuck them behind my ear. I blush and cover my face with my hand. Rose sits across from me and winks at me and gives me a thumbs up. I mouth 'stop it.' The bell rings and Jasper asks, "Can I walk you to class?"