Chapter 12

{Shota Aizawa P.O.V}

With my hands in my pockets I walk past Hanami's room. The first thing I notice is that the door is open. The second is how she's sitting on the bed. Sheets clenched in her fists, eyes squeezed shut, almost as if she's hyperventilating. I rub my neck a little before walking in the room with both hands back in my pockets. Hanami looks up when she sees I'm standing in front of her. I hold my hands up in front of her and when she takes them and stands up, I wrap my arms around her, pulling her against my chest. I hold her tightly with one arm around her shoulders and my other hand on the back of her head. After a while she wraps her arms around my waist, grabbing the back of my shirt tightly. "Are you okay?" I whisper. I got so angry and worried when I heard she was taken. Especially when we found her with her pants on her knees, scratched and beaten. "I'm pathetic, a pro needing saving" Hanami whispers before she softly starts to sob.

I feel someone glaring and from the corner of my eye I see it's Midnight. I'm sorry my friend. I'm winning this race. "How is that being pathetic?" I whisper softly. "Even pros need help sometimes. I needed help, am I pathetic now?" I ask. "Of course not! You almost got beaten to death but you didn't-" I interrupt her. "See, if I'm not pathetic, you're not either" I softly stroke her hair while softly pressing my lips on top of her head. "Were you angry with me?" She asks after a moment of silence. I still feel Midnight glaring but ignore it. "Of course not, why would I be?" I ask. "I don't..you just acted..you know" she shrugs. "I was angry, not at you but at him and scared, even a bit of myself" I answer. "Why?" Hanami asks. I sigh deeply. "Because I realized how far I was willing to go for you" Hanami lifts her head from my chest to look at me. "Am I the person you're interested in?" Her lips curl up playfully. You already knew you were. I smile slightly. "Of course you are" I lift Hanami's chin. I'm sorry Midnight. I close my eyes before softly placing my lips onto Hanami's. Not long after I feel her kissing back, while her hands move to my neck and jawline.

When I walk into the kitchen I'm not surprised to see Midnight crying into a tissue. Love can be so cruel. Present Mic is standing next to her, a hand on her shoulder. They both look up when Hanami and I walk in. "Oh Bloom!" Midnight cries as she flies into her arms. "I'm fine...I'm sorry for worrying you Nemuri-chan, I'm fine now" Hanami whispers as she softly rubs Midnights back.  I rub the back of my neck. That's not the reason she's crying Bloom, she just got her heart broken. When they let go of each other, Midnight looks at me with her lips pressed onto one another. I pull her in for a hug. "I'm sorry" I whisper so silently that only Midnight can hear me. "Don't be, no one has control over their feelings" she whispers back. "Aw, we're hugging now? Me too!" Mic walks up to me with open arms. "No" I say with my usual tone of voice as I stop him with my hand on his forehead and push him aside as I make my way to the fridge. "I'll hug you!" Hanami hugs Present Mic as I prepare our drinks.