Chapter 28

{Shota Aizawa P.O.V.}

So much has happened in the last week it almost makes my head spin. First it was Hanami's sister that unexpectedly died, the funeral where her brother in law attacked her just as Hisano was lowered into the ground. Thank god my father and I were there and saw it in time to stop his quirk. The next day I had to take my class to this forest training camp and as cherry on the cake we were attacked there and one of my students got kidnapped. This all mad me realize how much I want, no how much I need Hanami in my life. I just had the press conference with Vlad King and mr Nezu and actually have been avoiding everyone.  And as it gets dark outside I lean against the building in the shade. We know the hideout is found but we, teachers can't do anything. Except for All Might of course. Always that bastard. He stops as he walks by in his hero outfit. I give him a small nod, which he returns before walking along. I stay for a moment before finally deciding to go back to my room.

I change clothes and tie my hair together before I sit down on my bed, leaning my forearms on my knees. God damn it...just god this fucking hurts. Let Bakugo please please be safe. My phone rings and it takes me a while to answer. "Yeah" I say as I lower my head, making the escaped strands fall in front of my face. "You did good son.. you didn't let the media get to you... you stayed polite. You did good" my father says, at the other end of the line. I don't respond for a while. "Thank you" I say softly as I hear my bedroom door open. "There was nothing you could've done son. You have done everything you could...the out come could've been much worse if you didn't make the decision you made" he says. "I know" this time he doesn't respond for a while. "It may not seem that way now, but everything will be fine Aizawa" he says. I close my eyes. "I have to go" I whisper. "Oh..okay son.. take care okay? Give my best to Hanami"  I sigh silently. "Bye" after I hang up, I close my eyes and place top of my phone against my lips.

I open my eyes as I feel a hand against my cheek. Hanami is sitting in front of me, on her knees. "You okay?" She asks softly. I toss my phone on my bed and lay my hand on hers. "Are you?" I ask. Hanami smiles. "I've had my turn...it's yours now. You must be frustrated" I sigh. "I am..twenty-seven injured Hanami. One kidnapped...one of my own!" I grit my teeth. "I know sweetheart...I'm sorry. You've done everything you could...it could've been much worse" Hanami says softly. "I know....but it doesn't..." I don't finish my sentence. "I know" Hanami says softly. I open my eyes to look in her emerald, kind eyes. "Let's get married" Hanami frowns in surprise. "Married?" She repeats. "Yeah..with everything that happened I realized that you are the only one I want near me when something bad happens. I want to be there and comfort you when you need it and you are my rock when I need it. I'm not the Romantic type Hanami, I'll never make a big thing out of an engagement or a marriage. But I know that I need you to be my life partner" Hanami smiles. "I know you won't" she says. "But yeah, fine. Let's get married"  she scoots toward me and wrap her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist and hug her tightly before kissing her.