Chapter 44

{Shota Aizawa P.O.V.}

It's late and I'm at my room preparing a lesson and homework. The other students started noticing the difference in behavior in those at work studies. It's not that weird if you think of the mission that lies ahead. But since their not allowed to talk about it, it makes it that much harder for them. My eye falls on the ultrasound picture from yesterday. Sighing I sit back in my chair while taking the picture of my desks. "So I'm going to be a daddy huh?" I whisper while looking at the two little jelly beans on the picture. "I know it seems like a lot Aizawa-kun, especially if you didn't want to have kids at all. But it's gonna be fine. If you need anything, even if it's just a talk. Just call me okay?" Ojisan said as he took me apart as Hanami and I were about to leave. "It's fine, Ojisan. I'm happy. But thank you, might keep you up on that" I said smiling. "Please do" he responded. "If only your mommy wasn't such a good person. It would save me a whole lot of headaches" I add sighing. I put the picture back on my desk before turning back to work.

I look up from a ping from my tablet. I quickly read it. "They did a good job finding it so fast" I say. "8 o clock huh?" I glance at the clock but am not surprised when my phone rings. "Did you get the message?" Hanami says, way to excited before I can really say anything. "I did" I answer. "Quite fast huh?" She sighs. "Yeah.. so I'm gonna ask you one last time" I say as I lean back in my chair. "Are you really sure you want to do this Hanami?" I ask. "Are you still after you saw our babies?" I ask. "Yeah. I'm really sure. Especially now. I need to be able to say I did everything I could to save that little girl" Hanami says. "But you have Hanami...please let me, let us handle the rest" I say, almost begging. "I can't. I'm sorry. You know I'm the best for rescue missions. Why did you think they asked me?" She says. I bite my lower lip frustrated. "They didn't know you're pregnant" I quickly say. "And I'm gonna tell them after" she says warningly. I sigh deeply as I run my free hand through my hair. "I'm just getting used to the fact of me being a father...of twins non the less. I don't want anything to happen" I say after a while. "Nothing will happen. I'll be careful and my suit has been adjusted. Nothing will happen to my belly" she says. "Even a lot of movement can cause a lot, and you're quite reckless when you see injustice" I say. "It'll be fine Aizawa-san" Hanami whispers and I raise my eyebrow for a moment. I sigh deeply. "Fine"  I say. 

"Please don't hate me" Hanami whispers. "I don't,Hanami" I say. I kind of do! "Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I hate you. We're married now, about to become parents. There will be lots of time where we won't agree with each other" I say. I glance at the clock and sigh again as Hanami doesn't respond. "You should get to bed. You'll have to get up early if you don't want to be nauseous at the assembly" I say softly. "Yeah" she says. I roll my eyes. "I love you Hanami" I say. "I love you too. I'm sorry but I've got to do this. I can't live with myself if I won't" she says. "I know..you're too kind for your own good" I answer. "Sleep well" she says. "You too..bye" I press my wedding ring against my lips. She frustrates me so much!
The next morning when I arrive I scan with my eyes who's already there. I see my students. Hanami is with Ryukyu explaining something to Asui, Uraraka and Nejire while still being a little pale around her nose. I walk toward Midoriya. "I'll be joining the Nighteye squad" I say. "You know what that means" I add. Midoriya nods. Hanami's eyes meet mine and she nods, smiling slightly. I nod back, without a smile. I still don't agree with her being here but I'll acknowledge her and her strength.