Chapter 45

{Shota Hanami P.O.V.}

I close my eyes when I finally feel the warm water on my skin. This day felt like it's twice as long as usual. I open my eyes and watch the blood wash down the drain. It's not my blood, it's Kirai's. I killed him. It's like the enemy knew we were  there and suddenly this big guy came rushing out, and guess who came after him. That's right, Kirai. He provoked me and of course I fell for it and attacked. Luckily Ryukyu told everyone that her agency would keep the enemy there. And the rest had to go in to save Eri-chan. I know I should be relieved that he's finally dead, but it hurts. It hurts very much. Much more then anticipated. I wash myself and step out of the shower. Aizawa scolded me already on our way to the hospital. How I promised to be careful and rushed in after the slightest provocation. He's one to talk, being wounded in the shoulder and all, but the babies are fine, that's what's most important. I dress in something comfortable and head downstairs. Aizawa is already there, I just needed to wash off all the blood, even though I still see it there. I stop in my tracks as Keiji walks in. "Hey, how did your mission go?" He asks cheerily.  "We need to talk" I say softly, his expression changes instantly.

Keiji sighs deeply. "Well he had this one coming" he says scratching the back of his head. "I really tried to solve it any other way. I didn't want to kill him, just send him to jail." I say. Keiji smiles. "I know Hanami. It's okay." I sigh deeply. "Is it weird that I feel sad? Even though I'm married to someone else now" I ask. "Not at all, you did spend years of your life with him. At some point in your life you loved him" I smile slightly. "I must've" I answer before standing up from the stairs. "Lets go, dinner must be ready soon" Keiji nods before we both walk to the dining room. Everyone else is already here, except for Yamato. Aizawa is still pissed, but allows me to sit next to him. I see he's put an ultrasound picture on both of his parents' plate. I smile at him, and he smiles back slightly. "I'm sorry I'm late" Yamato says as he walks in, in his suit. "You're just in time" Chiaki says as she puts dinner on table. Both Chiaki and Yamato look down onto their plate as they sit down. "What's this?" Yamato asks as he takes the picture. Why is my heart beating so fast? "Those" Aizawa sighs. "Are your new grandchildren" the whole room turns silent and I feel everyone's stare. I smile slightly as Chiaki's eyes start to tear. "Grandchildren?" Yamato asks. "Your pregnant?" He asks me and I nod. "Of twins" Aizawa adds. "Twins! How wonderful!" Yamato says happily as he stands up. Within seconds he and Chiaki walked around the table and are hugging us. "Yeah yeah, it's just a pregnancy" Aizawa says annoyed, but he does smile.

"I can't believe you still went on that dangerous mission, even though you're expecting twins!" Ayumi says angrily. "I'm sorry! I can't change who I am" I say. "How come you didn't stop her?!" Ayumi snaps at her brother. "You think I didn't try?" Aizawa says bored, sinking into the pillows of the comfortable chair. "You're not thinking of doing it again do you?!" She asks as she turns back to me. "I wouldn't dream of it" I chuckle. "Aizawa and I already agreed that this would be my last. And I already talked to the agency I was working with. Don't worry" I say. "I'm so happy! Another grandchild, two even! From Aizawa nonetheless!" Chiaki says. "You're saying like it's some big surprise" Aizawa says annoyed. "You gotta admit, it kind of is. You who always shouted how you never wanted children" Keiji chuckles. Aizawa scoffs. "Yeah well" he mumbles, everything after that is something we can't here and judging from the look on his face it's better that way.  "Are you happy, Aizawa?" Yamato asks, suddenly. Aizawa looks at his father surprised. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Are you happy? You never wanted children and suddenly you're expecting two. Are you happy or would you rather not want them to be born?" The room turns quiet again as everyone stares at Aizawa and Yamato. Aizawa sighs as he scratches his head. "I'm happy. At first I wasn't to be honest. But I am now, but the thought of the family I'm about to have with the woman I love excites me very much" Aizawa smiles brightly.