Chapter 49

{Shota Hanami P.O.V.}

Is this how I made Aizawa feel, when I said I needed time? It's been a week and a half, and I've barely had contact with my husband. The only time I had contact was at school, since I'm back at teaching again. But only the necessary stuff, everything else he just ignored me. I teach hero history now since I can't give practical classes now but I'm having fun with this one. I'm in the teachers lounge now, preparing for tomorrow so I can relax when I get home. Midnight sits down next to me. "So, you coming to game night Friday? Since you're back" she grins.  "That depends" I say as I sit back and lay my hand on my growing belly. "If you promise me no games with alcohol. It's bad enough I can't drink" I smirk slightly. "I can't promise no alcohol" she says as she starts stroking my belly. "But there's no way we would harm you huh baby" she says. "I guess I'll come then" I say as I start closing down the computer. "I'm heading home for now. I can still take a nap before dinner" I say. Midnight chuckles. "Sleep well then" she says. "Thank you!" I say happily as I pass my husband on my way out. I don't need you. I miss you yes but I'm not going to show that I need you.

When I walk past the gates of the mansion, I see Chiaki unloading groceries. I rush up to her. "Let me help you" I say as I take a bag. "Oh no, no need. You're pregnant, you shouldn't lift" she says. "I'm fine. I'm pregnant, not crippled, I can lift a bag of groceries" I say smiling. With the bag in my arms, and my purse on my shoulder I walk toward the front door. Yamato walks out the front door. "Okaeri" he says. "Konichiwa Otosama" I respond. "Give me that, you shouldn't lift" he says as he takes the bag. "I'm still not crippled" I say, but I do allow him to take it. "This is the last" Chiaki says she walks up with the last bag. Yamato steps aside to let us through. "I'm making tea, Hanami-san, do you want some?" She asks. "No thank you, I'm heading up for a nap" I say, smiling. "All right, we will call you for dinner" I smile thankfully and walk up the stairs. As I lay down onto the bed I'm almost immediately asleep. I wake up when I hear the door opening. "Is dinner ready?" I ask as I rub my eyes. "Almost" Aizawa says as he takes off his scarf. "You're home?" I ask a little surprised. "I still won't forgive you" he says sharply. "But this is the second time we're ignoring each other. We're married, we shouldn't handle stuff like this" he says as he walks over. He crouches down beside the bed and lays his cheek against my belly and rubs it softly with his hand.

"It really hurt when you lost one" he says softly. I softly start stroking through his hair. "I was hurt and angry because you promised to be careful" he says. "I wanted to become a daddy for two" I sigh softly. "I let you down, I'm sorry" I whisper. Aizawa presses his lips against my belly. "I'm happy I'm still becoming a daddy. But I'm still hurt" he whispers. "I'm so sorry" I say. "I know" Aizawa stands up. "But you need to be really careful now." I nod. "Come on, dinner must be ready" Aizawa turns around. I stand up. "Aizawa" I say. He stops walking. "At least kiss me" I say, slightly desperate. Aizawa sighs deeply, turns around, lays his hands around my face and softly kisses me. I thankfully kiss back as a tear runs down my cheek while I lay my hands on his wrist. "I'm hurt too you know" I whisper as his lips part from mine. Aizawa doesn't respond but takes my hand and lead me out of the room. "Look who the cat dragged in" Ayumi says as we enter the dining room. "Shut it" Aizawa says as he sits down next to me. But he does lays his hand on my stomach. "Let's keep it friendly huh?" Chiaki says as she and Arisu put the food on the table. "Evening!" Keiji says as he walks in with Yuuto on his shoulder. "How's the baby doing?" He asks, like every night. "Fine. Kicking my ribs out though" I lay my hand Aizawa's and pull it toward a kick and press a little so he can feel it. "Oof those hurt" Arisu says as she takes Yuuto from Keiji and puts him in his chair.  Aizawa gasps as he feels a kick, making his father chuckle. "So you're a kicker huh?" He whispers as he rubs my belly. "I heard about the school festival. I'm kinda bummed though I was looking forward to it" Ayumi says. "We're all bummed. But a necessary precaution though. We can't have another attack on UA. So just for the students this time" Aizawa answers.