Chapter 18- "midnight adventure"

TZUYU's POV
The sun had set and Y/N still hadn't come out of his room, I was getting worried but decided to go to sleep thinking he'd be okay by morning. But light footsteps woke me up in the middle of the night, and I stood up from my bed and opened the door a tiny bit, just but enough for my eye to see through.

It was dark but I could make out Y/N's shadow creeping along, I giggled at the thought of how dumb he'd look if I turned the light on. Although I wanted to embarrass him, I was curious about what he was doing and I was to find out.

After stopping like 70 times to see if anyone was around he finally walked out the door. I quickly followed him outside, making sure he wouldn't see me.

When I stepped outside the cold breeze hit me like a truck, and I shivered as I walked a couple feet behind him. I continued walking for what seemed like forever, until we reached a big, scary looking building. I mean there wasn't really anything scary about it, no creepy shadows, no weird noises, it was just off putting, it made me uneasy.

He stepped inside and I walked in a few seconds after, looking around the lobby. It was an actually pretty happy looking place, everything was decorated in bright, eye catching colors, but it gave me a feeling that they were trying to distract us from something with the bright colors.

I shook my head, knowing my theory was wrong.

The girl at the front desk was about to greet me but I shushed her, I didn't want to get caught by Y/N. She looked a bit concerned but put up a thumbs up.

I followed Y/N down some stairs which lead to a basement. And at the bottom of the stairs was a cell, a really creepy, rust-smelling cell.

Y/N changed his pace from a walk to a run, dashing to the doors of the cell. I stopped, knowing if I went any further I'd get caught.

"Lily! Oh my goodness are you okay?" He asked, running over to the side of the cell. 'Wait this is this the girl from the pictures!??' I thought, biting my nails. "What do you think?" She said, wincing and grabbing her arm. That startled me, thinking that she had replied to me, but then I realized she had been talking to Y/N.

By the way, I stood in a very uncomfortable position trying to see what was going on so now my back hurts, but anyways.

"You should've just let me die." She told him, i could hear the pain in her voice. "I could've never done that." He assured her. "It would've been better, than being here." She replied, slowly standing up.

"Why are you here?" She replied, a bit annoyed. "I'm going to save you. No matter what it takes." He told her. "Yeah right. You made that promise, how many years ago?" She asked. "I'm sorry. It's just, I've been thinking about quitting.. I like someone and if I keep working.. that someone might get hurt... I don't want to do that to her.. like it happened to you." He told her.

Was I that person? Did he like me? My cheeks burned, and I had a feeling they were red. Suddenly, I heard a loud booming voice speak from the lobby. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN A MAN CAME IN HERE?" The man asked. I heard loud footsteps come near me and I started walking down the stairs, Y/N was still talking to Lily not knowing of the nearby trouble.

When I reached the bottoms of the stair case where Y/N was I pushed him towards a small mechanical room, the door shutting behind us. We fell to the concrete ground, and I scraped my elbow but my fall was partially broken by Y/N who had scraped his whole arm, and had a bruise on his cheek.

"Tzuyu!?! What are you doing here?" He exclaimed a little too loud. I put my finger up to his lips, listening to see if the man was still walking towards us. I heard the man talk. "I heard you had visitors." He told Lily.

"Where are they?" The guy asked. "I don't know." She murmured. He laughed. "Fine don't talk, but just tell you're little friends that next time they come here they'll regret it."

I heard footsteps all the way up into what I imagined was the lobby. I removed my finger from Y/N's lips. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I sorta followed you," I explained. "WHAT!?! Why would you do that? It's dangerous." He exclaimed. I readjusted my position, ashamed of what I did. Only then did I realize I was still on top of him from when I pushed him. I scrambled to stand up but just sent back down because I tried to stand up I bashed my head in the ceiling.

This time I was sure to be careful and I slouched, when I got up, we both jumped out of the mechanical closet and I looked over at the girl.

"Is she the girl in the pictures?"

"Yeah."

"When were the pictures taken."

"5 years ago."

So that means that she is only in her 20's. She looked older than that, as if stress had made her age faster.

"Lily," He started, motion her towards him, she came as close as she could taking in mind there was a cell wall between them, "I'll come back for you." He promises as he caressed her face through the bars.

After that we ran outside and walked home in the moonlight, standing outside the house door I looked up at him. "I'm sorry I followed you.." I told him. "It's okay.. you were just curious." He told me.

I looked up at him, giving him a kiss. He had been nice after all, and I'm sure he'd keep his promise with Lily, but now I was worried. If I was the person he liked... why did he say I could get hurt...

But that should've been the least of her worries, since little did they know that their kiss was witnessed by Y/N's boss's assistant. Could this put them in more danger?
____________________________________
Author's Note- "heyooo! I'm sorry it took so long to update, that's why I made this chapter a lot longer than the rest. It's 1090 words, but like yeah uwu I hope you guys liked it! Love yaaaaaa guys byeeeeee!"