Chapter 8

For the past twenty minutes I've been on facetime with my eldest child, Marley. As the call goes on, I find myself getting more and more emotional. I just miss my son so much. 

Out of all my children, he is the one that I see the least due to his schedule being crazy busy. Sometimes they give him time off then they call him back before he comes home which hurts because we've been through everything together.

Just like Misa, I have all these pictures of Marley with all different types of celebrities from when I was styling. We even went through a homeless period after I had Kamilla and it was the hardest shit but we made it through.

"I miss you so much." I mumble into the phone.

"I miss you too ma." He smiles at me and before I know it, I'm crying. "Shit, mom don't cry. I'm almost done with broadway, just a few more shows."

"I just don't like being without you." I cry. "I never see you anymore."

Marley sighs on the phone, "I'll be home next week then I'll stay for as long as I can before I start shooting Black Lightning

Marley sighs on the phone, "I'll be home next week then I'll stay for as long as I can before I start shooting Black Lightning."

"Ok." I wipe at my eyes but the tears just keep falling. I really do miss seeing my older children, I only have Zola and Zacharia with me now. This was a big reason why I tried to keep them out of the limelight, I didn't want them to be in the entertainment business but life really does play its own games. They all ended up in the entertainment business and now I hardly see them.

Marley attempts to calm me down but my emotional self won't stop.

Elgin walks into the room and does a double take.

"Why you crying?" He asks and I don't answer.

"She's talking to me dad." Marley answers and Elgin scoffs.

"Kim, your ass always crying." Elgin says as he tries to hold back his laugh but he fails, so he ends up laughing in my face.

"It's not funny." I cry as I kick him with my feet.

"You're too dramatic." Elgin laughs. "The boy is coming back next week."

"That's what I said." Marley says while laughing as I wipe away my tears. "Ma, I'll call you back later."

I begin crying all over again.

"Don't you worry son, just hang up and I'll deal with her."

Marley tells me that he loves me before hanging up.

"You're crazy." Elgin shakes his head at me. "Go put your extensions in, we're going to dinner and your mama is watching the kids."

---

"You look cute

"You look cute." I tell Ginuwine once we meet up. "I just wish that you would have ditched the belt and tucked in your shirt more. Grow your hair out too, it would shape your face better."

"God." He sighs. "I used to critic every single one of my looks especially when we broke up. You was too petty, you would shout out what you hated about my outfit whenever I would drop the kids off."

I can't help but laugh at the thought as we make our way to the restaurant.

"When we were together, I used to dress you to the nines. You always looked great but it was always just little bits but your fashion took a turn for the worst once we split up." He squeezes my waist. "But I still love you."

"I will always love you, Kimberly." He pulls me to a stop and presses his lips against mine. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck as he deepens the kiss.

I pull away and we make our way into the restaurant. Not long after we are seated away from everyone in a private booth.

"How was the dinner with your sisters?" Elgin asks and I close my eyes for a moment.

"It was hard." I push back the tears. "It was a lot harder than I thought that it would be but some part of me thought that I would feel good after, like I would be getting some closure. I feel as if Kylie was the only one to receive that. I just feel as if their apologies were not good enough, it's been almost three years. I don't expect a freaking essay but more sincerity would be nice."

"What did your mom say?" 

"She disappeared for a while so I went off on my sisters, I tried to leave the house but my mom stopped me. She made us have an intervention and I realised that a lot of my sisters were just jealous." I scoff to myself. "Hell, Kami keeps getting surgery to look more like me. It was all jealousy and insecurity."

"Why do you think?" Elgin asks while sipping on some whiskey.

"Because I was the only stable one. Kourtney has never been married, she has always been on and off with her partner. All the women in my family have issues when it comes down to being with a man. Even though we divorced, we had a great coparenting relationship going on between us and when we were together, we were together. They were jealous that they couldn't find the man of their dreams like I had. I'm still the only one that's been married." I sip on some wine. "It's stupid because our issues were always aired out publicly, we weren't perfect but we tried."

"What they did was unacceptable and I wish you would have told me sooner." He gives me a pointed look which I return.

"You should have told me about Kiki." I respond. 

"I know." He orders our food before turning back to face me. "Thank you for giving us a third chance."

"Well you know what they say, third time's the charm."

Posted

Posted

Ginuwine: Kimberly

likes ~ disabled comments