Chapter 16

Earlier this morning, I had a meeting with my mom and her daughters regarding the family TV show. After much persuasion, I have agreed to participate in the show and I was able to make adjustments to the contracts. As expected I will be receiving a higher pay than my mothers daughters which I am happy about.

"I still can't believe that we are in our forties." Elgin chuckles as we walk down the streets of Beverly Hills.

Since the kids are off school, they are staying with their cousins for a few days in Malibu. We paid for all the expenses and we just want them to have a good time before they come back home. Khloe went with them so I know that they will have a good time and that she will take good care of them.

Since I'm planning to go back to work, having the kids away will be the perfect opportunity for me to really market myself.

"But we still look good." I tell Elgin as I slip my hand through his and he gives my hand a small squeeze.

"Hell yeah we do." But your beard doesn't, I think to myself.

" But your beard doesn't, I think to myself

"I've got a question for you." I look at Elgin and he pulls me to a stop. "How would you feel about getting married again?"

I sigh, "Elgin."

"Hear me out, this isn't a proposal." He cups my face. "In my heart, I know that we will last this time. You are the only person that I have ever loved and I don't see a life without you. This right here is a good place that we are in and I would be stupid to ever let you go again."

I say nothing as I just look at him.

"I love you Kimberly, I always have and I always will." 

"I love you too." I mumble and he pecks my lips. 

"After that dinner, I started to do some thinking." I look away for a moment. "Khloe asked about us moving in together and although I am happy with where we are. Would you ever consider us moving back in together?"

"Of course I would but I just don't want to go back to the fighting." I sigh as I take a seat on the bench. "I never had a problem living with you. The first time we got divorced, we still lived together while you were touring but we split up when we started getting into serious relationships. My issue with you was that you had a habit of blaming me for your failures and I didn't like that."

"I know."

"The house that I still live in was the very first home that we bought together. We put our money together to buy it because back in the day, it was one of the newer and more expensives homes but we hustled to get the money for it." I reminisce on our life. "Knowing that we did that together was a huge achievement. Then things changed. If your album didn't hit the top ten charts or if it flopped, you would smash up the house and call me out of my name."