Chapter 9

"We look stunning." I comment as I take a selfie of us. "Zola is totally going to kill me for this."

"Why didn't you bring her along?" Kamilla asks as she takes a selfie of us on her phone.

"She has school." I say while giving Kamilla a weird look. "She still needs to get that education."

"You could just homeschool her." Kamilla states and I narrow my eyes at her. "Hey, it was just a suggestion."

"I just want her to live a more fulfilling life outside of this. You all went to school and she deserves to have that experience." We get out of the car and we immediately have paparazzi on us.

" We get out of the car and we immediately have paparazzi on us

"I'm so tired of the paps." Sade says as she walks besides me. "They're borderline perves."

"Don't I know it." I roll my eyes. "Back in the day, they used to try and stick their cameras under my dress."

"Damn."

Between the three of us, Kamilla is currently the most famous followed by Sade then me. Back in the day I used to be popping but after I had the first three children, I kind of eased my way out of the lifestyle so that they could live more of a private life away from the media.

Once Elgin and I divorced, the whole world was watching us which I hated it because it was a vulnerable time. The media were also starting to compare my two girls so I took them out of the public eye again until I got pregnant with Zola and Zacharia. I'm back in the public eye but not like before.

I already know that this year, I'm about to blow up again and I don't know if I'm ready for it. It doesn't help that Elgin keeps posting these sexy snaps of me. I've tried to refrain from posting more sexier pictures but I can't help it at times. 

We walk into this cute boutique that Kamilla has been raving about.

"I can't wait to see Marley." I voice as I think of my first child who should be back in a few days.

"Oh we know." Kamilla winks at me. "We can hear you crying all night."

"Hey." I nudge her. "I miss all of you. It's just hard when you are all away living your lives and doing your jobs. You guys barely come to visit me, I only see you guys for birthdays and it's a hard adjustment."

A look of guilt fills both of their faces. 

Kamilla chooses not to come home because she has honestly let the fame get to her head. Sade is a daddy's girl so she just prefers to see him over me which sucks. Imagine giving birth to children who never want to see you.

"I'm sorry mom." Kamilla goes to hug me but I step back, shaking my head.

"No need to apologise." I tell them as Sade goes to apologise. "I've accepted it."

I walk around them as the tears begin to gather around my eyes, I press a hand to the inner corner of my eye. 

"Damn it." Sade curses before they both pull me in for a hug. "We're really sorry for not seeing you more especially after everything that you have done for us. I can't really explain why I didn't come see you but I'll do better, sorry mommy."