Chapter 10

"The craziest thing happened yesterday." I tell Elgin who walks in with Zacharia. "I went over to Kanye's yesterday and he confessed that he still has feelings for me. I didn't expect that, like at all."

"You kiddin' right?"He gives me a weird look as he lifts Zacharia up in the air

"I'm not." I shrug my shoulders. "He took me by surprise. When we ended up relationship, we ended it on mutual terms."

"Yeah but you guys are always going on vacation with eachother." Elgin looks very jealous and I give him a blank look. "Of course he's going to fall in love with you. You spend all your time with him and you keep bringing my kids around him."

"Hold on." I put my hand up. "Kanye is my friend."

"What did you say to him?" He asks and I give him a confused look. "How did you respond to his confession?"

"I told him that we have gotten back together and that I only love you." I tell him and he puts Zacharia down before telling him to head back to the playroom.

"Good." Elgin says once Zacharia is gone. "Now stop bringing my kids around him, he ain't going to be no step daddy to my kids."

"He isn't trying to be no step daddy to your kids." I give him kids. "I'll respect you by not going on trips with him but I won't have you talking to me like that."

Elgin rolls his eyes at me

I've decided that I'm not going to deal with this so I stand to my feet. "A year ago, you went awol and the kids didn't see you for months. Kanye stepped to help me with the kids, he took us around the world and he became that father figure to the children because you wasn't there. So no, I will not stop hanging around him."

---

"Marley's home." Zacharia tells me as he walks into my room. My eyes widen and I start running making my way downstairs before I stop in my tracks.

"Oh yeah." I run back up to my room where Zacharia is sitting on the floor, I scoop him in my arms before taking off. Once we are downstairs, I pass Zacharia to Kamilla before bolting towards the living room.

I look around in confusion since I can't see him or any of the other kids.

"We're in outside." Elgin chuckles as he watches me run. I give him a rude look as I make my way into the backyard where my eldest is cooly sitting down on one of the garden chairs. 

"Marley." I breathe and he turns back to look at me with his dazzling smile. "My baby."

"Hey mom."

He stands to his feet and I jump in his arms, burying my face in his neck as I begin to cry

"This woman done jumped into her sons arms." Elgin comments.

"Don't jump on me daddy." Zola adds and I laugh as I unwrap my legs from around Marley's waist.

"I really missed you." I tell him as I hold his hand to my cheek. "None of you ever come to see your momma anymore."

"Kim, the boy just got home." Elgin gives me a look and I narrow my eyes at him. "Don't start or you'll start running them off again."

I flip him off when Zola isn't looking before turning back to Marley.

"Let me make you something to eat." I drag him to the kitchen. "How was your flight?"

"It was fine." He answers as he takes a seat on the stool. "What's going on between you and dad?"

"Nothing important." I open the drinks fridge and pull out his favourite water. "What would you like to eat?"

"I'm not really hungry, I ate on the flight." He has a guilty look on his face and I fake a smile as I shut the fridge. I place the water infront of him before looking him in the face.

"You look so grown." I comment as I analyse his feature, my baby boy has facial hair. "I need to ask you something."

"Shoot."

I take a deep breath, "Was I bad mom?"

"Mom." He gives me a confused look. "Why would you ask that?"

I close my eyes for a moment, "Just answer the question please."

"You was and still are the best mom." I sigh in relief before wiping away a stray tear. "What's wrong?"

"Did I suffocate you guys?" I ask as I bite chew on the inside of my cheek.

Marley sighs as he gets off the stool, he walk around the island and pulls me in for a side hug.

"What's brought this on?" I lean my head against his shoulder. "You know that you can tell me anything."

"I don't want to make you feel bad but why do you guys never come to see me?" He sighs at my question. "I know that you guys aren't babies anymore and that you have your careers but I hardly see you guys. I literally see all of you a couple of days a year and that's only on birthdays and holidays."

"It's cause we suck." He answers and I say nothing. "We have all gotten so caught up in our careers that we forgot the matriarch, without you there would be no us."

"Period." I add and he bursts out laughing. "I heard the instagram girls saying it."

"Of course you did." He ruffles my hair and I kiss my teeth at him before nudging him. "I'm sorry for not coming around more."

"I'm not the only one affected by this, Zola and Zacharia miss out on the experience of having you guys in their lives." I scoff. "There was a time that the only way that I could see Kamilla was by purchasing tickets to her concert and meet and greet."

"I'll do better." He tells me and I nod my head.

"Don't just tell me, show me."