Chapter 13

"KIM!" Elgin gives me a look of shock as the sound of Kamilla's cries fill the room. "This is not what we do."

"Where was the same energy when she pushed me to the fucking ground?" I turn on him as he attempts to help her to her feet. I push him away from her and she falls back down, "I'm her mother and she pushed me to the fucking ground as if I'm some bitch that she can control."

"Let's not do this." He gives me a look and I scoff.

"No, we are going to do this because you are taking her side when she is in the wrong." I narrow my eyes at him. "You've turned into her little bitch."

"Don't talk about me like that." His eyes narrow as he gets in my face.

"Dad, don't." Marley steps in between us, shielding me from his father.

"Boy, get out of my face." Without so much of a warning, Elgin grabs Marley's arm and flings him to the other side of the room.

All of our mouths drop.

"Marley." Elgin looks at Marley with so much regret but ain't nobody about to touch my son like that. 

"I'm fine." Marley shrugs off Sade's help as he storms out of the room. I give Sade a look and she follows her brother out of the room, leaving us with Kamilla who is just staring at us.

"Don't you ever put your hands on my son." I say in a low tone as I put my finger in his face.

"Kimberly, just stop." He slaps my hand away. "You're doing too much."

"No, I'm not doing enough." I gesture to Kamilla. "This is the work of a mother who has given her children so much freedom. I thought I was being good by letting them live their dreams but clearly not because my daughter called me out of my name and attacked me."

"YOU PUNCHED HER!" He snaps and I throw myself at him. "KIMBERLY STOP!"

He throws me off him and that's all that it took for us to break out into a physical fight. I could tell that Elgin was trying to restrain me but I was getting in those hits. This isn't the first time that something like this has happened, it happened when we first became homeless with two kids. 

"STOP! JUST STOP!" Kamilla screams as Marley runs into the room and breaks us apart.

"YOU WAS THE ONE FUCKING KANYE NOT EVEN A MONTH AFTER WE BROKE UP!" Elgin shouts as he tries to get at me again.

"Don't act as if you didn't go running to Ashanti, the minute we broke up." I tell him and he glares at me.

"This has gone on long enough, if you don't stop then I am calling the police." Sade practically cries and that's when I had to calm down because I don't want my children seeing this side of us. 

"Dad, you need to leave." Marley lets go of Elgin. "Take Kamilla with you."

"I don't want to leave." Kamilla cries and Marley snarls at her.

"You're not welcome here."

"This is all because of you." Sade tearfully tells her older sister, "You're tearing the family apart."

"Kim, I'm sorry." Elgin apologises as he walks over to me. "The last thing that I want to do is hurt you."

I say nothing as he wraps his arms around me.

"You know what Kamilla was like when they were younger, you have to understand why I can't just let her be alone." He whispers in my ears and I nod my head in understanding.

Growing up in this life is really tough. 

Bringing children into it was even worse because both of my daughters suffered from eating disorders due to the media attention. It was a tough period for us because our children were killing themselves for the sake of acceptance.