Chapter 21

KimKardashian: Thank you to everyone who has supported me on my journey back to styling

KimKardashian: Thank you to everyone who has supported me on my journey back to styling. We had a successful launch last night and I'm happy to announce that I'm a stylist again. I also have an awesome team working with me so when you need a stylist, hit up @SkimStyles. 

5,000,000 likes ~ 19,0909 comments

---

"You did amazing last night." Elgin kisses the side of my face as he adjusts Zacharia who decided to sleep in the bed with us.

"I should hope so." I smile over at him. "It's practically been two decades since I styled people so I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment."

"This is your dream."

I smile sadly, "The dream that I gave up for all of these rugrats but I'm happy to be back, it's been a long time coming."

I look over at Elgin who is silently staring at the wall and my smile fades. I know that he feels guilt over me having to give up my career so that he can continue living his dream. Unfortunately, it's too late to apologise.

We did what we had to do to survive. 

I may have been out of the game for a while but atleast I'm back to doing what I love. I'm forty two years old and for the first time in twenty years, I feel complete.

Elgin opens his mouth and I cut him off, "Don't apologise. What's done is done and we can only focus on the future from here."

"Was you unhappy?" His question surprises me but he needs to know the truth.

"So unhappy." I quietly respond. "At some point in my life, I resented you for leaving me with three kids while you toured the world. I was stuck with no job, no money trying to support us while you lived the dream. It was embarrassing for me because I had to keep up with appearances but the only thing that I could do was be a mother because our children needed one."

"Why didn't you ever just leave me?" Elgin looks at me with a face filled with sorrow.

"I was hopelessly in love with you."

---