Chapter 20

I smile as I look the younger version of myself on the screen

"What's going on today?" Elgin asks as he lifts the camera up to my face.

"WE'RE HAVING THE BABY!" I scream and Elgin laughs as he turns the camera to face himself.

"We are preparing ourselves for the arrival of our king, Marley Lumpkin."  Elgins smiles at the camera. "I'm about to be a father for the very first time and if we still have this tape when we're older then know this Marley, I can't wait to hold you in my arms."

"We love you Marley." I call out from the background.

"More than you will ever know." Elgin's softly adds. 

"Marley must be ready to come out because that contraction really hurts." I look at my mother then at Elgin. "Jesus Christ."

"Elgin you better put a ring on this finger soon

"Elgin you better put a ring on this finger soon." I tell him as I wave my left hand around. "Marley must agree because I'm ha--oooh."

My face contorted in pain as I stared down at the bed.

"I'm right here baby." Elgin puts the camera down, facing in our direction as he walks over to me. He wraps his arms around him as I let out a small cry."It's ok baby."

"It hurts so much." I cry as another contraction hits. "Get the doctor."

---

We watch a couple more clips of my life with the kids and I find myself reminiscing on life back in the 90s and early 2000s 

I was friends with Aaliyah, Lisa Lopes and I was even acquainted with Tupac. The world really lost on some amazing people and we're only left with the memory of them which is why I am grateful for technology today. 

It's almost like being there with them again.

Life back then was simpler, there was no social media or the need to be pumping your face with silicon to stay youthful. Elgin made music, we had sex to them, toured the world and made some babies.