Chapter 21 - Decorating

Draco POV

I woke up to Harry's head tucked away under my chin leaving no gap between us. I looked at the clock on the wall and it said 10:30am. All of a sudden, my hunger ripped through my stomach, and it grumbled loudly. Thinking about it, 'I am starving!' I thought.

I wanted to wake Harry up, but he needed sleep far more than me to make up for last night and for the energy he lost because of those rapists. I slowly got up from the bed making sure not to wake up Harry and walked into my bathroom. I went through my morning routine. Once I finished, I walked down the corridor to the stairs. I am going to attempt to cook. I mean, how hard can it be? Harry does it all the time.

I walked into the unknown territory called the kitchen and looked around.

"Pancake," I whispered taking out a cookbook and finding the page about pancakes.

I got all the ingredients together and began to add them to the mixing bowl after measuring each one. I was enjoying it. Cooking wasn't as hard as people make it look like.

Once I had everything mixed together, I took a deep breath and pulled out a frying pan. This was the part of cooking pancakes for the first time on your own that could go wrong.

I put it on the cooker and turned it on. I poured in a bit of oil and waited for it to heat up. After a few seconds, I poured a bit of the pancake batter into the pan, and it began to sizzle. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. I waited for a minute and attempted to flip it. I pushed the spatula underneath the pancake and flicked my wrist.

"Ahhhh!" I shouted.

It ripped. I hadn't waited long enough.

"Damn stupid uncooked pancakes!" I yelled in my frustration as I tried to straighten it so it wouldn't be folded over.

I then heard a small laugh behind me. I turned around and saw Harry in a baby pink morning robe.

"How long have you been standing there for?" I asked.

"Since you poured the batter in," he replied laughing again. I stared at him in shock. He stood there and watched me suffer and attempt to cook. "Watch the pancake, we don't want a fire-"

"F*ck!!" I yelled as I had totally forgotten about the fact that I was cooking.

I lifted the dark side of the pancake out of the frying pan feeling defeated.

"You sit down. I'll carry on for you," Harry suggested. "Good try, I will show you how to do it."

I hung up my apron up hopefully not for the last time and sat on a stool on the island.

I watched as Harry turned the heat down on the cooker and added oil to the frying pan and then some pancake batter.

"Right so, you have to wait for the edges to turn like a golden colour and then flip it." He said and demonstrated it. He made it look so simple, yet I couldn't do it.

"Can I-" I began to say.

"No. Not today. Another time. I am starving right now!" Harry said.

Harry continued to fry the pancakes and I watched him do it. It was so fascinating. Once he finished, he placed them on the island with some toppings. I thanked him and began to eat.

"Oh Harry, I thought that maybe today, we could go over to Jacob's so you can get to meet him and the pack as well as his family," I offered.

Harry looked up from his pancake and stared at me.

"Didn't you say that they were wolves? Have you forgotten that I am now a vampire? Well, a half vampire? Who is pregnant? Won't they hurt me?" He asked.