The confrontation

Recap: Suraj got the deal, the guard got arrested and Chakor is keen to know more.

Suraj was working day and night to get everything done on time and he wanted to be back on top.

Chakor was looking at him, "Suraj I'm bored." She said and he didn't gave her any attention, she was pouting in her boredom she left the room.

Chakor sat on the couch and switched on the TV, a show was coming and a reportage was shown.

"Suraj!!!" She shouts and he let everything fallen down, just to look after her.

"Chakor what happen?" He asked and she pulls him close, "just look," she turns his face toward the television and Suraj widen his eyes.

"What is this?" He asked and they increased the volume.

A journalist was speaking into the mic, "A well known industrialist was arrested for his illegal work. He has been spying on a competitor and has manipulated many deals and contracts to his own benefits."

Suraj made a fist in anger, he hit the table and the surface of the table broken into many pieces.

"Suraj!" Chakor shouts in fear looking at his hand made her scared and hurt, "have you lost your sense? Why are you hurting yourself?" She stood up, she had gone to get the first aid kit for him, his hand was bleeding and he wasn't reacting on anything, his anger had reached another level, "why? How could they arrest him without my knowledge?!"

Chakor shook her head, "Suraj the guard confessed it all, it was a matter of time to arrest him." She cleaned his wound and applied a bandage on his hand, "please don't hurt yourself."

Suraj looked at her, "I need to know why he did this, he has to confess his crimes to me."

"Okay Fine Suraj, we will go and meet him in the jail, with a lawyer and police protection."

Suraj frowns at her, "I don't need police protection!" He shouts at her in anger, which hasn't any effect on her anymore.

"I was talking about Mr. Chopra, he needs the protection not you." She stood up and waited for him to follow her.

Suraj didn't understood it, but she bend down and whispers into his ear, "he is there for his interrogation, you have to pass me to get through to him..." she ran and he chased her through the house.... 🙈.

It was the next morning and Suraj drove to the police station, he had informed them to come with his lawyer just in case he needs one.

At the police station

Suraj was waiting with his lawyer for Mr. Chopra, he was arrested and the police inspector opens the jail cell, "there is someone to meet you."

The old man looked at the young police officer, "who?" He asked and tried to get a glimpse of the man.

"The one whom you tried to destroy, Suraj."

The old man smirks, "oh he has come to meet me. Does he think I will agree?"

There inspector didn't cared, he just took the man and put him in front of Suraj, another lawyer was present, this was the lawyer of Mr. Chopra.

"Well here we are, it's time to speak the truth, why you did this?" Suraj asked him without having any fear, "what was your enemy with me? We had a good time and bounding as well, so tell my, why you tried to ruin my life."

He shook his head, "because you have become a bigger person than me, I had created you and you forgot me. You have forgotten my favours on you, I showed you where you rightly belongs under my feet's." He demonstrates it with his foot to crush him.

Suraj anger rose, he hold the collar of Mr. Chopra, "I never forgot you and from today you won't be able to forget me. You just feared cause I passed you! You couldn't reach more and felt jealous of me, that's the only reason of your behaviour. Your miserable life has nothing to do with my success you are right you should always know your enemies, but from now on even those friends, who actually are your real enemies." Suraj left from there, it was all a big lie you can't trust anyone, the life he had lived of mistrust was the best, he stayed alone and safe.

Chakor was waiting for him, she was looking around and was smiling all the way. Paakhi passed her exams, she got a scholarship I'm so happy. Now Suraj doesn't need to pay for her or the family, papa has found a new job and his earnings are good, well it could be better, but I will somehow help them.

Suraj comes home, he throws the boots off his feet and sat on the couch, Chakor glares at him, "I'm waiting for you and you are just behaving like this? What's wrong with you?"

Suraj looked at her, "you are free to go. I will pay you for everything you don't worry."

Chakor pouts, she shook her head, "but I want to stay. Listen I have good news for you."

Suraj was glaring at her, but she didn't mind it, his mood was off and his anger on top.

"First of all, you don't need to pay for anything! My sister passed the exams and even got a scholarship for her higher studies. Papa also got a new job with a better salary, now we can stay together without this contract?" This was more a question than a statement.

____