╚»P R O L O U G E«╝

❰❰3RD PERSON POINT OF VIEW❱❱

"PLEASE!! Don't kill me!" The poor innocent man begged to the masked one that stood before him. He had been backed up into a corner so the masked one could ensure he couldn't escape. As the man screamed and begged and pleaded, the masked one stood over him, obviously finding amusement in the man's distress. She was wearing a long black hoodie, black tights, black combat boots, and black gloves. She had the hood of the hoodie above their head. The only article of clothing that had the slightest drop of color was the wolf mask sitting on her face.

 The only article of clothing that had the slightest drop of color was the wolf mask sitting on her face

Her name is (Y/N), but she's known nationally as "The Masked Wolf", hence the mask. She's proclaimed one of the deadliest serial killers to have ever haunted the country.

She laughed maniacally at the man's screams. She lifted her knife up in the air and walked closer to the man, about to strike. But just as the knife reached the man's flesh, a small black blur flew past (Y/N)'s head. Shook, she turned around to see a figure holding a gun. The figure put her arm down and revealed herself as Selene Walker, (Y/N)'s arch-nemesis and one of the most wanted criminals in the state.

She lifted her head in the direction of (Y/N), brushing her short, strawberry-blonde hair out of her face. Her one eye narrowed at the other woman.

"Heh, you always were sloppy with your work." Selene mocked, giving (Y/N) a semi-innocent smile, though (Y/N) could see through her facades like an open window. "And you always bad with your aim," (Y/N) replied, acknowledging the bullet that flew by her a moment ago. All Selene could do was laugh at the insult.

"You really think your petty words hurt me?"

"Oh, I don't think so; I KNOW so,"

"Newsflash, Hun. They DON'T." The strawberry-blonde haired woman replied, emphasizing the 'don't.' This time, it was (Y/N)'s turn to laugh. (Y/N) turned around so she could finish what she started with her soon-to-be next victim, but during her and Selene's bickering, the man fled the scene. (Y/N) Growled, loud enough for Selene to hear loud and clear. (Y/N) was about to turn around and jump Selene, but the one-eyed woman was a step ahead of her. Just as (Y/N) turned her head, Selene shot her in the back of the head. (Y/N) collapsed onto the floor, her breathing heavy. The only feeling she felt at that very moment was humiliation. Humiliation because she was defeated by her biggest enemy. Selene walked over to (Y/N)'s limp figure and put one foot on her back. The last thing (Y/N) (L/N) ever heard was the ear-peircing laugh of her murderer: Selene Walker.

Then, as she closed her eyes, it all went cold for (Y/N).

...and then...warm again?