Chapter 4

It was supposedly a relaxing post-match night, where both sides enjoy their free times without them having to see each other, but the thing that happened was the other way around.

The survivors' side of Oletus Manor had broke into chaos.

No one, even a single soul, could figure out what happened to Aesop and why his physical condition had gone to the point of utmost vulnerability.

"Aesop! What happened?!" The doctor said, her hands on the embalmer's forehead.

To her surprise, Aesop slapped her hand away, despite his current state.
Emily could feel the heat coming from him the moment his hand came into contact with that of hers.

It was intense.

"Before you blame anything on us, guys, we on behalf of Eli Clark and Naib Subedar, swear that we did nothing to him, okay? Absolutely nothing!" Both men said as everyone eyed them.

"Just because we live in the same floor as him doesn't mean we're the ones behind this, okay?! We're innocent!" Naib added, hands in the air.

"Bro, first of all, none of us are putting the blame on you two. We just think that you guys are the ones who know about this the most." William said, patting the mercenary's shoulder.
"Hands down, guys. You two are overreacting."

"Okay, thank you for understanding! I seriously don't want to get another knuckle sandwich from Emily, especially if its based on stuff I don't do!"

The two men were still defending themselves when Aesop finally opened his mouth.

"Guys, shush it! Aesop's talking!" Martha said before placing a finger on her lips.
"Aesop, hey, can you hear me? Hey. Talk to us."

The embalmer broke into tears, his shaky hands holding on Emily's.

"Please help me... it hurts..."

It was nothing but pure silence for a few minutes before Emily's psychological instincts chimed in.

"You guys leave. I'll handle him."

Martha stood still as everyone headed back to their activities.
"But Em--"

"Leave. This needs to be done in private."

***
"I swear we did absolutely nothing!"

Aesop's cries and Emily's stern look are the only things the survivors need to know that something is happening right between them. A bad one.

"Really? Then why won't he make any eye contact with you guys right when he said he's hurting?! He was avoiding you guys as he said that!"

"Vera."

"You guys act like babies and I really mean it! Causing chaos over the survivors' side, crashing and running into them, and now making someone cry and sick in pain. Wonder why you guys are one of the champions in this manor."

"Vera, please--" Kurt interrupted, pulling her away from the still shaken two men.

"I should've let the goddamn hunter beat you to death in that last match!"

That's when she realized she had went over the line way too much.

Her words had wounded them more than the ones they get from the hunters.

Eli's hands are now fists.

Biting his lips, he let out a huge sigh and dragged Naib with him.
"We'll excuse ourselves out. Let Emily and Aesop know once he feels better."