VI

A/N:
Yall might be wondering what is this very human being doing here knowing the fact that I had published a statement saying that this story is put on hold.

Yes. I still am on break right now. It's just... all my urge to write just happened to make its way into my brain and that I had to act quick before it all changed into a bad case of writer's block (yEaH rIGht)

So here's a chapter for yall before I go back to yeeting myself to Final Exams land.

Oh. I am also here to announce that I'll be back from this break by the 25th of June since that is the day my finals end.

Here's a little art I made to pay all it off :vvv

So, see you all on that date and enjoy this for now! :)
.

.

.

.
No. This can't be.

I saw him. Plunging into a hole of despair. Right before my very eyes.

Nothing came out of his mouth, but the look on his face was more than enough to know that help is all he needs.

I stretched my hand for him to grab.

But my hands reach nothing.

Hunters' Side
JACK
If only I had saved him.

If only my useless self had not made its appearance amidst that situation.

I stared blankly at the wide window pointing out the full moon and the tiny raindrops racing down the glass, with each drop representing the number of tears I had shed.

It was my fault Naib had to go through all that.

I closed my eyes, holding back the huge sob that had made all the way to the back of my throat. All the achievements and struggles I had underwent to go this far mean nothing, for he does not have any recollections of me whatsoever.

I then bit my lip as another strand of tear rolled down my cheeks, right on top of where the scar is.

Yes. I am beyond aware that I had finished that match with a four-man kill and the fact that I am taking part in the game I myself had planned and made, but my heart just feels like sinking whenever I have to go and pick him as the opposing team.

The scars on his head.

I remember it clearly how the anonymous man had shot him fair and square.

The amount of blood. His near-death experience.

It was when questions started filling my head the way water fills up a tank.

Out of all places, how did he end up here?

And...

Why is he in the faction I am opposing?