III

JACK
Have you ever felt so weak and powerless towards someone you really treasure, knowing that he has no recollections on you?

Do you know how much pain your heart will endure?

Or....

Do you even know how risky and dangerous it is?

.
"Jack! It's your first match of the day, huh, my friend."

Hastur. He was now standing in front of me with his cup of coffee, the top of his cloak moving left and right in motion of the breezy day.

"Yeah...." I let out a huge breath as I closed my eyes and looked upwards, letting the cold morning make its presence to my bones, enjoying every bits of it.
"The coach has to play his own game."

"The coach has to play his own game! As expected of Jack the Ripper and his way with words! Say, Jack, where will it take place again?"

I let out a small sigh. Ever since he made it to the manor, he has always been the one who never stops talking.

Guess I did the wrong move of making him the second official of Oletus in the first place, for it makes him talkative even more.

But regardless, an answer is what he needs.

"Arms Factory." I said, still not changing my tone.
"And I have sent the participant names to the other side as well yesterday. Really do hope they can prepare themselves."

Hastur nodded, then remained quiet as if he had read the expression on my face.

I stayed silent, despite the ravaging thoughts going in my head.

If only he knew why I picked his name.

"Wow. It seems like you picked the new guy too, eh? Have you looked at his skills and understood them?"

My gaze switched to him, this time giving him the big-eye.

"I'll go prepare myself. The match is in an hour, and too much talk now won't put me at ease. See ya later." I said as I walked back to my room.

***
"I don't get why would people pick on someone like you. You're friendly and unique. Besides, what's wrong with having physical features like you? If I were to have your height, I would appoint myself as the king of heights!"

The brown-haired man smiled as Jack had his whole attention on him.

"Hey, cool guy!" He said again, much to Jack's surprise despite them having all the silence occupied.
"Chins up, and let me have a pic with you!"

Tears streamed down my face as I rubbed my thumb on the picture where Naib's face is.

I found you, Naib. I have finally found you.

But... why...?

Huge sobs escaped my lips, my mind going into a full recall of everything I had with Naib back then.

All the tears. Laughter. The talks.

If only I had saved him in time.

The scene was still clear in my eyes. The blood. The look on everyone's faces.

His unconscious body.

How.... how could I be so.......

....Weak?

A slight knock on the door snapped me off my thoughts, followed by a single tear on my palm.

"Jack? You there, bud?"