Chapter 28

"I have never met anyone like you."

"You matter. You're the world to me."

Naib jolted out of his bed, sweat pooling his body. These few days have never been good on him. The bad headaches that would get to him once in a few hours and his intense body cramps had made him have no choice but to have himself being taken to the manor's ER.

He moved his both legs, in which is still a big strain for him. Little did he know that he would wake up to something that is beyond fathomable.

"William! Put more pressure in the bleeding spot!"

"I'm trying! It won't stop!"

Naib forced his eyes to open wider, resulting in a surge of pain to rush through his head the second time. Despite the amount of pain his head had put him in, the little voice in his heart keeps on telling him that he should take a look at the scene happening right next to his bed.

Emily? William? Why are they in a rush?

William's athletic being was moving frantically here and there, with his both hands holding into bloody rags. The panicked Forward would also yell out random curses as Emily kept on flooding him with commands.

It was when the Mercenary's eyesight started clearing up as he noticed the man lying unconscious on the bed next to his.

Aesop. The embalmer that happened to be his best friend.

Naib froze as his mind processes what is there before his eyes. His best friend is there, with three angry scratch wounds on his now undressed chest. Not to mention the amount of rags that had been bloodstained.

The moment Naib managed to take notice of Aesop's wounds, his headache worsened.

"William, I'll take care of the rest! You go alert everyone about this, and please alert the hunters that Aesop should not be put in any matches for the time being!"

Those scratches. Those.... scratches.....

I don't know what..... but why is it.... familiar?

Hunters' Side
"Jack the Ripper. What on Earth made you think you are even allowed to carry out something like that?! What did you fucking do?!"

The Hunters' Side of Oletus is just as chaotic with that of the Survivors'. No one, even Hastur himself, would expect something like this would happen, and what makes it even more of a problem is the look on Jack's face the moment he made his way back to the manor.

Instead of remorse and guilt, the feeling of satisfaction was drawn in the Ripper's eyes as he took his mask off and wiped the bloodstain off his claws.

"Jack. Answer me!" Hastur said as he shoved the tall hunter into a sitting position.

"Tch." The Ripper said, deliberately taking his green overcoat off.
"I ain't talking to you nor everyone here anymore. Look at you all, rooting for survivors and even forgetting your main roles as hunters. You are all rulebreakers. Wonder why I even made you all hunters. Tch."

Jack then spat towards the floor, his attention on his bloodied shirt that he always wore under his coat.
"Ew. His blood had gotten all over me. What a letdown."

That was when he felt a hard force ramming his body towards the wall.

"Jack. The. Ripper." Hastur said, his orange eyes started glowing red as his hands squeezing the Ripper's collar.
"You fucker! How could you break your own rules! Just because you're an official doesn't make you any different from the others!"