XV

"You are going to get through this."

"Whatever it is, I'll get you out of this mess. As what we promised back then."

Amidst all the darkness, I looked up.

There was no one, but it seemed that I just heard a voice.

So warm. So warm that it made me forget about the state I am in.

Never have I ever felt like this before.

However, as I was about to follow where that voice leads to,

I lost every path I carved.

***

"Huh?! A new game mode? When did they notify us? What?"

Confusion and perplexion had filled the survivor's side of Oletus Manor as they noticed the Doctor coming in with new announcements.

"Yes.." Emily said, plopping herself down on one of the cushions.
"Jack told me this and that I should spill it to all of you. I know there is no point on going against his ideas but if there is something he is against it is for the sake of avoiding dozens of questions being asked at the same time."

A sound of a fist bumping the table was then heard, in which it belongs to no one other than William the Forward.

"I am so tired of all this game modes and shit. Can't he let us off the hook just this once?! I even looked at snippets of it and it said we will be teamed up with them?! What the fuck is this monstrosity? What's next?!"

"Will. Calm down. It's not that I'm not against this whatsoever, but you need to gain your composure. Everyone here feels the same way."

The Forward then shook his head before sighing in rage, ignoring everyone's attention being thrown at him.

It went silent for a few seconds before Kurt decided to break it all.
"So, um... mind explaining what this game mode is about?"

The Doctor, hands fidgeting with her medkit, stood up as she reached for the papers the Ripper gave him.

"This mode is kind of special to both them and us, Kurt. Instead of the hunters going for four picked survivors, Jack has made us team up with them. He does not wanna explain any further about this no matter how hard I tried to get him. He himself will be the one to let us know about the rules once the participants are decided."

"Wait." The Forward piped in, finally able to get hold of the emotions overwhelming him earlier.
"You trynna say that goddamn Ripper has not made a name list yet?"

The Doctor nodded, before noticing that a few people are missing.

"Um, guys..." She said, her doctor instincts reaching her peek, in which if she were to be honest, is something that catches her off her own guard all the time.
"I haven't seen Aesop at all today."

It is true that she cares for everyone in her side, for that is the role she has always asked and yearned for, but after taking some of her fellow survivors' condition into account, she could feel chills running down her spine.

Aesop.

Though she always acted like she heard nothing, she knows.

She still had it ringing in her ears, the time Aesop yelled at Eli in a tone she had never expected to come out of him, and how the Embalmer has kept himself away from them ever since.

She had it clear in her mind, the look on the Seer's face the moment he saw his own friend chewing him out.

"Huh? Is he still not coming out of his room?" Vera the Perfumer chimed in.
"To think I saw and talked to him last night..."