VII

A/N:
Ahhh. 25th of June is finally here.

I repeat. The 25th of June. IS. FINALLY HERE.

THE DAY I CAN FINALLY RELAX AND UNWIND FROM ALL THE CHAOTIC FINALS AND STUFF.

In other words, yessss I have finished finals and no longer need to wake up early for online classes! I CAN FINALLY GO BACK TO DRAW AND THAT OF MY WEEKLY UPDATE SCHEDULE!

Fate is no longer being put on hold here, and as I had said in the few previous chapters about me trynna post an update on exactly the 25th of June, this is it! An update yet comeback for yall!

Thanks for all your support even amidst my hiatus session ASDFGHJKL. I appreciate that. A lot.
Therefore, enjoy this new chapter and love you all!
.

.

.

.
NAIB
Is this it?

Is it the end of the line for me?

Am I really destined to be this way?

I walked and walked, running into whatever obstacles laying before me.

Pushing into the darkness I go, with the hope of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

A figure then loomed over me, his hands holding into mine tight as his brown eyes stared directly into mine.

But regardless of my attempts, I could not get to him.

.

"Eli Clark. Truth or dare?"

"Oh come on, I don't wanna do any of your dares, Subedar. Truth it is!"

I laughed as Eli pouted. The Seer had came to my room for a game we both had agreed to play along with Aesop as we wait for our names to be called for another match.

"Okay. You picked it yourself, so you better be honest!" I smirked as I picked one of the self-written decks from the box.
"To Eli Clark: what is the reason behind the blindfold covering your eyes?"

Eli coughed into his hands as he took the hood off his head and ran a hand through his brown hair, brushing it.

He then sighed, in which if I were to be honest, caused this slight feel of guilt to creep all its way to me.

"Eli? Are you okay?" I asked as his both hands started fidgeting.

"Oh. It's nothing. Okay. I'll tell you the truth. But please don't ever have any bad feelings whatsoever......" He said, petting Luke for he had brought the owl with him all the way here.

"Long story short..... I lost all my eyesight." The Seer said in a brief tone.

I froze as he let out a sad smile, the blindfold on his face being slightly moved by the breeze coming from the open window.

"H... how?! Did you get it in an accident or something?" I chimed in as I placed my one hand on the other.

"No. There was this oath I broke, thus making me have to sacrifice everything to Luke here. You, no. Everyone in this manor thought I was insecure with my blindness and all, but no. The only reason why is because I have a lifelong mark right under my eyes. And I might seem like I have lost the function of my eyes, but you do have to know that Luke has it all."

I scratched the back of my head, trying to process his words.
"Does that mean.... the reason why you always bring Luke to literally everywhere you go, is because he's basically your eyes?"