Chapter 30

A/N:
Hello guys! Don't worry, I am still aliveee!! XD
.
I am really sorry for the extremely late update. College is starting again in which it had led me to a severe writer's block to the point where I cannot even think ;_;
.
But here it is! Hope y'all enjoy and again, I am so sorry! ;_;

.
3rd PERSON POV
Survivors' Side
Both sides of Oletus Manor had came up to terms that no more matches will be held before Aesop makes a full recovery and that of Jack receiving a suitable punishment for what he did in the Red Church.

The decision was given to them by Hastur and Xie Bi An, with the two hunters having to talk it out with Emily the moment she finished tending to Aesop.

"Unbelievable, isn't it?" Eli sighed, leaning himself against the wall.

"I know the matches have always been uneasy for us but this is just wrong!" Helena said, reaching for her cane.

Despite the fact that few days have passed, all the survivors still feel like the incident is still playing inside their minds, especially the three who had went along in the match.

It was pure silence before Naib's very figure showed up, mouthing out the words that led to everyone's utter shock.

"Wait, what?"

"Naib, what?"

The Mercenary bit his lips in frustration. It was pretty clear that he had said the words out loud to them, yet they are asking him to repeat everything he had said.

"I said, I wanna see how Aesop is doing!" He finally yelled out.

"Dude, are you sure?" Eli chimed in, his one hand grabbing the former's arm.

To the Seer's surprise, Naib yanked his grip away, his eyes avoiding him.
"Shut it, Eli." He said in a very dry tone.

"Naib, it's not that we're trying to stop you. But dude, you need to be aware of your own condition... you spent a few days in the ER and was just sent back today... don't you think seeing Aesop will-"

"Oh! So you're against me too, you Know-it-All human being?! Just because you're the manor's Forward and that you are one of those who tended to me the most doesn't make you have the rights to tell me what to do!"

"Naib-"

"The one being injured there is my friend, William. My. Best. Friend. How could you be this harsh?! My current condition is nothing compared to that of him! Just let me see him!"

The Mercenary had reached the point where his anger had won over him that Eli had to hold his both hands to prevent him from doing anything extreme.

It was when a lady's voice piped in.
"I think you should let him, William. Eli."

Vera.

Helena froze, her mouth gaping open as she noticed the Perfumer finally having the courage to talk her thoughts out.

She had it clear in her head the moment Vera's demeanor being the source of dispute between her and that of Naib and his gang. She had it still playing in her head the time the Perfumer came crying to her with the attitude of being spoiled still enraging inside her.

Yet here she is, having herself on the Mercenary's side.

"What?" William said, his gaze locking at the Perfumer.

Everyone had gotten into a questioned state that no one realized that Naib had yanked himself free of Eli's grip the second time, dashing his way towards the ER.