Epilogue

A few months later.

JOSEPH
The evening sun stood before me as I perked my head out of the window, letting myself ponder into one of the wonders, for everything has completely changed ever since what happened to everyone in Oletus Manor months ago.

Yes. Everything has changed.
And I gotta say it is a whole lot better.

After lots of having time to himself, Xie Bi An has finally agreed to take over Jack's role, this time having some of the manor's rules changed.

Instead of having matches with one side being prohibited to enter the other, he has changed the whole Oletus Manor to a place where hunters and survivors can live peacefully, with each and every of us having the rights to befriend whoever we like and that we can visit each other anytime.

I don't know what had happened, but Jack and Naib are a thing now.

Well, back together, to be exact.

Jack is still on probation yes, but this is his final month of punishment, and I bet he is having the best time to himself, for Naib is there for him every single time.

They might not know it, but I noticed them having pep talks every day, with Naib visiting Jack's dungeon with some fresh flowers from the garden with the look on his face being happier than ever.

Long story short, this whole place is pretty much different compared to the one I woke up unconscious in back then.

As for me?

I'm doing well enough! I get to live my best life, no more pressures, and I get to be the happy human being I've been yearning for.

A soft kiss landed on my right cheek, snapping me out of my trance.

"Again, Joseph? You've been staring at the sun for the sixth time now. What are you up to now?"

I looked at the very guy standing next to me.

Aesop.

The one I've been yearning for is finally here with me, and I couldn't be happier than that.

"Well..." I said, letting out a relief sigh.
"So much has happened, and we went through it all."

The Embalmer then rested his head on my shoulder, his hands interlocking with mine.
"Yeah. It has been a series of unpleasant ride, but we went through it all. And Joseph..."

A huge smile formed in my lips as I ruffled his hair.
"Yes, dear?"

"I wanna say thank you for helping me go through this." He said as he revealed the three long scars on his chest, the one that had once been the threat to his life.

The scars stay. I remember Emily telling that to me. At first I was worried he will not be able to accept it, but it turns out all the concerns are for nothing.

"Something that makes me I'm cool." The Embalmer's words also going pretty clear in my mind.

"No, Ace. I should be the one thanking you. You happen to be the one to light up my world. If only it wasn't for you, I would still be my depressed self. You happen to be the best thing in my life."

It's true. I have never believed in fate, or something like that, but this time, it was fate that brings us together, and I am beyond happy for that.

An idea rushed in my head as the Embalmer smiled at me, his hands playing with the ring I placed on his finger during our unforgettable moment.

"Aesop." I said.
"There is somewhere I'd like to take you to right now."

Aesop raised an eyebrow at me, a perplexed look being drawn all over his face.

"Just come with me. You'll see.
And bring the kid too. Okay?"

                              ***
"Hey, Claude. It has really been a long time, eh?"

I had my both hands resting on the ground where Claude's body is eternally resting, placing the flowers I had brought along from the manor.

"How are you? I really hope you're doing pretty well up there, now that you are back to where you belong...."

Tears streamed down my eyes as the words escaped my lips. Even though I am doing good here, that still does not change the fact that I want him to be back by my side, enjoying life like how we had always been.

It was him who had made me tough, even in the hardest times.

"But enough with all the tears. You have always been asking me how I'm doing ever since we were little kids. Claude, I really am doing well now. I am finally in a place where I belong, and most of all, I can now smile my widest, for I now have a family of my own... I... I just want you to be here with me, Claude...."

I started sobbing when I felt a hand on my legs.

"Daddy? Are you okay?"

I smiled as I wiped the tears off my face.
"Yes, Claude Jr. Daddy is fine." I said, lifting him and eventually pulling him into a hug.

Aesop then placed a hand on mine, and together all three of us embraced each other, with it feeling like the world only belongs to the three of us.

Nothing came out of our mouths, but the action we are in tells more than a thousand words.

                               ***
3rd PERSON POV
Under the moonlight, in which had casted its light upon the blue sea, sits a young man with tears on his face.

But, instead of sad sobs, a wide smile had formed on his lips.

For he is no longer alone, and he has finally connected all his broken self into one.

The man looked up to the moon, tears still going down his face.

"Thank you, Claude."

It is true that deep down inside the man is still feeling sad and sorrow, but it is not as strong, for he now has his love with him, along with a young three year-old boy that he had named after his twin brother, for the boy looks exactly like him.

Joseph then had his eyes on Aesop, the Embalmer sitting there by his side, with Claude Jr. sleeping soundly in his hands.

"You know, Joseph, there's something I've been wanting to let you know ever since I met you for the very first time."

I stared at him, the light in his eyes catching the most of my attention.

"You're amazing, and I really mean it."

A/N:
Bold of you to assume that the book ends here.
Exclusive chapters posting soon.....