Chapter 10

A/N:
We reached 1K readers on Fate! Thank you guys so much for all the support and the comments! You guys really know how to make my day! I couldn't have done it without you guys! As a token of thanks, here's a bonus chapter with the highlights being how the story is seen from Emily's POV! Enjoy!

Love y'all!

AESOP
I woke up to find myself back in my room, with a huge blanket over me, covering it all the way to my chin.

Wow. I must have fallen asleep in the garden during that convo I had with Joseph.

Joseph.

That name had somehow carved its path deep down inside my head, and I can't help but recall everything that happened in that garden.

He had cried. He cried and kneeled right before me. All with remorse washing over him.

I lifted my right hand. I had written something on it as my way to thank him earlier, and there it is, still there on the gloves. But the thing that caught my eye is that another smiley face had been drawn under it, with an unfamiliar piece of crumpled paper on the nightstand next to the bed I'm lying on right now.

I opened it and realized that it was written by yours truly.

Thank you so much for having the courage to forgive someone so weird like me. I hope you feel better soon, and if you feel like talking then I'm the man for it!
-Joseph

I shook my head, laughter escaping my lips. He really is something, eh?

I stood out of bed and headed out of my bedroom. My head still feels like it has been pricked by pins and needles yet I somehow have no will to head back to dreamland.

It was nothing but pure silence as I made my way down the corridor, just exactly how I have always wanted it to be. It is midnight, meaning that everyone had tucked in for the night, leading to no chaos and yells.

Perfect.

I snatched a few slices of toast from the dining table and was munching on it when I noticed Emily helping herself to a glass of water.

Shit. Hope she doesn't notice me here.

My wish had went down the drain as she is now staring at me, her gaze locking into my eyes. She then sat herself on one of the chairs with her hands signalling me to take the empty spot next to her.

Damn. If only I wasn't this tall.

"Aesop? There's something I need to tell you."

I froze.
Did she actually find out?

Dismissing the uneasy feeling inside me, I took a seat next to her, trying my best to not let my anxiety run out of control.

I have never liked talks, even the private ones. They make me feel weird and think like everything is my fault.

"Hey. I'm glad you finally have someone you can open up to." She said, much to my surprise.

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked, pinching my left hip. Just something I usually do when I get nervous.

"I watched everything, Aesop. I was about to announce every survivor in this manor about a brand new match that will be coming when I noticed you weren't there for that. I asked everyone, even Eli and Naib about your whereabouts, but it was Kevin who told me you last went to the garden for a self calming time, so I went there and that's just it."

I sighed.
Come on, you don't have to be this detailed.

"And do you know that the photographer was the one carrying you back to your room and pulled all the covers for you?"