Shoto x Reader (Acceptance)

YOUR POV
I'm so ecstatic today! I really can't believe Shouto is finally going to let me meet his family, well besides his mother of course. She's such a sweet lady. Well maybe I should be nervous too. We could run into Endeavor, and that might lead to some situations since I'm quirkiness and all.

Oh well, I'll just have to be positive and hope for the best no matter what happens. Walking to the Todoroki estate, I'm stopped by a store. There was some delicious looking sweets that maybe I could get as a gift, or something. Going into the bright colored chocolate store, I bought the chocolates that looked the best.

"That'd be 2000 Yen please." I looked into my wallet and payed, taking the nicely decorated chocolates with me.

Continuing to walk to the estate, I thought about how we met each other at the park. He would always be walking home from U.A. and would sometimes stop to take in the scenery. After school, I would do the same thing. We started talking, then dating, then talking about our parents, and here I am now.

Knocking on the estate's door, a wave of anxiety washed over me. How do I look? What would Shouto think? What if Endeavor opened the door? Was the chocolates to much?!

Opening the door was a lovely girl that seemed a little older than me. "Oh! You must be my brother's girlfriend!" She seemed really startled to see me.

"Yep, that's me alright." I tried smiling my mist non awkward smile that I could. "Oh, um. Here are some chocolates I got you guys!" I said while handing her the nicely decorated chocolate box.

"Thank you! I'm Fuyumi, Shouto's sister. Honestly I thought he was lying when my ice block of a brother said you were coming over."

"Oh, really? He usually talks to me." She looked at me with a confused expression then shrugged and let me come in.

Taking off my shoes I followed Fuyumi to wherever she was going. "Shouto! Your girlfriend is here!" We waited a second, then heard steps coming down the stairs.

Then right before me was my bi-colored haired boyfriend. "Hey Shouto!" I smiled brightly at him.

He gave me a small smile. "Well, I see you've met my sister Fuyumi. Sorry, my brother Natsuo can't be here tonight." He replied in a monotone voice.

"It's okay Shouto. Well, what about your father?" He stiffened at this. "You okay Shouto."

It took him a second, but then he responded to me. "Ya, I'm fine (y/n). It's just, I need to talk to you before he gets home."

This confused me, but I went along with it anyways and nodded my head. He took my hand and lead me to his backyard. "Look, (y/n). I'm going to ask you this, and don't take offence to it, but I need you to pretend you have a quirk."

"Wait, what? Say that again Shouto, I don't think I heard you right. You want me to lie?" Why would he have me do this, I felt a little hurt, but tried not to let it show.

"Look, it's not because I want to change you. It's because of my father. I don't want him to break us apart, okay? If you say you have a quirk, it'll stop a lot of questions coming your way tonight." I stood there in utter shock and disbelief. He's my boyfriend, why would he do this to hurt me? All he wants is for me to just pretend for one night and we can be together. Yet why does this feel so wrong? "If you don't want to (y/n). It's fine, I just don't know what'll happen if we tell him that you're quirkless."

"Okay, I'll do it, but only for tonight!" Wait, but what'll happen when I meet him again, or another time. This lie is going to eat me alive. Yet, seeing Shouto smile right now, is all that matters to me.

LATER AT DINNER
Sitting down at the table, I was sitting next to Shouto, and next to him was Endeavor. Everyone was silent waiting for the soba to be finished by Fuyumi.

"So, I've heard a lot about you (y/n)." Endeavor began. He has? "I've been told your quirk is water manipulation and that you go to U.A. as well with my son." Wait, Shouto planned this from the beginning. He's already started this lie circle, which seems why he was so desperate to have me lie as well. "You're in the same class as him right?"

I started to sweat. Why did I agree to this lie? "Yep, I'm in 1-A with him." I replied back to him with a nervous voice.

"You seem nervous, something you want to say (y/n)?" He glared at me. He knows something. "Why don't you show off your quirk a bit. I'm really interested in seeing it in action." I gulped, what has Shouto gotten me into?! Should I feel mad, nervous, annoyed, or all three. Shouto told me to lie, but now I can't. He started this. He lied to his father and had me lie too. Does he not like me for who I am. I felt like I was on the verge of tears.

"I can't do this! I'm not in U.A. and I don't have a quirk! I'm just a quirkless girl Shouto met at the park! Apparently I'm not good enough for you so Shouto had to lie about me! It also seems like I'm not good enough for him either! I'll just leave..." I was beyond tears by then as I abruptly got up from my chair, put on my shoes, and ran out of the house, not wanting to hear whatever was being said.

SHOUTO'S POV
What have I done? I watched as (y/n) ran out of the house, away and probably never to be seen by me again. Before I was about to run, my father said something that drove me over the edge.

"I knew it was to good to be true. Just leave her. Like she said, she's not good enough for you." She was always good enough for me, and even more. If anything, I wasn't good enough for her. "Don't even try to chase after her, it'd be for nothing anyways. She's not worth-"

"Shut up old man. You don't know what's good for me!"

"What did you say to me!" He stood up and towered over me."I'm your father, and whatever I say goes."

"But that doesn't mean I have to follow that all the time." I ran out the door to try and find (y/n), ignoring all the swears my father began to yell at me.

Sprinting down the streets I came to the park. I saw (y/n) sitting on a swing, sulking and crying. All of this because of me. Walking over to her, I sat down on the grass right in front of her bent over body.

"Hey, sweetie. Can you look at me please?" She looked up and was startled. So much that she fell backwards right onto the grass.

"What do you want? Here to break up with me? If so just do it already." She still had a river of tears going down her face.

Guilt overtook me as I leaped onto her and hugged her tight on the grass with her head on my chest. "Shh. I'm sorry. I should never have had you lied or made you seem so different than the real you. If anything, you should be breaking up with me for being such a jerk."

"Why are you being so open now?" She kept her head down as I began to stroke her (h/l) (h/c) hair.

"I love you. I know that won't forgive what I made you do, but I love you. Please, don't leave me. You're the only true thing I care about in this world. Without you, I have nothing." I closed my eyes, just hoping (y/n) wouldn't reject me, except why should I hope. I don't deserve her anyways.

"I-I, forgive you Shouto." She replied in a meak voice. My eyes widened.

I hugged her tighter and lightly kissed her on the head. "Thank you (y/n)." It's time I accept what can't be changed.

_____________________________________________
1407 Words

Thank you for reading my first Shouto x Reader insert. If you have a request, please do that on my request page or it won't be considered. Anyways, have a nice day!