Shoto x Reader (New Years)

YOUR POV
The end of the year is always so nice. I get to look back on all I've done this year. In my opinion, it's been very successful. Todoroki Shoto, the most cold and distant person I know is the one I got to be my friend. Sure it took a lot of work, long nights, and maybe some annoying begging, but I got there. All I want is for him to be happy. Even if we're still on last name biases, it's something right?

Today all of us were setting up for a New Year's Eve party. I was walking down the hallway with a huge box of streamers. I couldn't even see over it. Especially while i was thinking about what I accomplished this year. With that, I bumped right into someone and fell onto the floor. And that someone is the one person I didn't want to bump into.

"Watch where you're going you *beep*." (Gotta keep it at least PG people) it was Bakugo. "Are you going to just sit on the floor!? Move you *beep* extra! Unlike you I have things to do."

"Leave her alone Bakugo." It was Todoroki. Thank goodness it was him. Yet that still didn't make me feel any less embarrassed.

"And what's it to you, you *beep* half-n-half?" Todoroki walked over to me and helped me up. Totally ignoring whatever Bakugo had said. "HEY! DON'T IGNORE ME!"

"Are you okay (y/n)? Are you hurt?" Todoroki asked me.

"No, I'm completely fine Todo." I replied.

"BOTH OF YOU STOP IGNORING ME!" Bakugo yelled in the hallway of the dorms.

I was gathering all the party supplies that I dropped on the floor. "Here let me help you (l/n)." Todoroki being the gentleman he is helped me put all the party supplies back into the box.

"GRRRRR!" Bakugo finally left us alone and walked away.

"Man, he was annoying." Todoroki mumbled.

"It was partially my fault. I couldn't really see where I was going with all these party supplies. Maybe I shouldn't have lied and told Ochako that I could 'see' while carrying the box." I laughed a little.

The beautiful- I mean handsom- I-I mean kind, yep kind gentleman replied. "Here, let me help you (l/n)." He gave me one of those rare smiles. Sure, you can say that we're close friends. I like him, he's wonderful. Which is why I want him to be absolutely happy, because him being happy makes me happy. I also doubt that he would even think of liking me, so I guess my second best option was to be friends. Ruining that would be like the end of the world for me.

Picking up the box, I began walking down the hallway. "Well, I guess I'll see you later Todo." I smiled and Todoroki began to follow right behind me.

"Are you sure you don't need help carrying that box?" He asked really worried.

"Yes, I'm sure Todo. I don't want to bother you." He then mumbled something. "Hey Todo, did you say something?"

His head shot up. "No. I-I didn't. I'll see you later (l/n)."

"O-okay Todo." He then rushed away. "Well that was weirder than normal."

SHOTO'S POV
"Are you sure you don't need help carrying that box?" I asked. I really didn't want anything to happen to her. What if she fell again and that vile thing does something to her. I just don't want anything bad to happen to her.

"Yes, I'm sure Todo. I don't want to bother you." She replied. Why can't she just call me by my first name.

"You could never bother me (y/n)." I mumbled under my breath.

"Hey Todo, did you say something?"

My head shot right up. "No. I-I didn't. I'll see you later (l/n)." I quickly walked away a tiny bit flustered. Then I ran into Deku.

"Hey Todoroki!" The broccoli smiled at me. "What's going on?"

"Umm. Not much." I responded.

"Is it (l/n) again." I blushed. "Knew it!"

"Well, what am I supposed to do about this? This feeling isn't going away. The feeling of embarrassment, but different. It makes no sense."

"Well Todoroki, this feeling isn't that easy to understand. But maybe just getting it out will help?" He suggested.

"But I am. I'm talking it out to you." I replied skeptically.

"No Todoroki. I mean tell her."

I blinked for a moment. Taking in what Deku just said to me. We both had become good friends over the year, I'd listen to any advice he'd give me, but this is not what I was expecting. "When would I even do that. You know Ochako and her have a party for New Year's Eve party."

"Be romantic and tell her at midnight." Deku explained.

"Maybe, I guess." I walked away to think about what I should do.

3RD PERSON POV
When (y/n) and Ochako finally finished setting up for the party, everyone was already partying and ignoring how much effort and energy both girls put into the presentation. Both were sitting in the corner completely depleted and just waiting for it to be midnight and everyone to go back to their dorms. "That took forever." Ochako gasped. "You think that we'd get at least a thank you."

"Well, at least we got it done. Right?" (y/n) smiled.

"Hey. Look who's coming over." Ochako points in the direction of where Shoto comes from. (y/n) began to blush.

"Ochako. Do you mind if I borrow (l/n) for a minute?" The duel haired teen asked.

"Nope! Not at all." The gravity girl replied with a huge smile. After that Shoto offered his hand to (y/n).  The young girl took it and followed him to the rooftop.

After both of them got there, Shoto pulled out his phone to see there's only one minute before midnight. "(y/n)," He started dropping last name formalities. "I... I like you."

The (color) haired girl looked into his eyes. Both leaned towards each other instinctively, and just as the clock finished striking twelve their lips met.

_____________________________________________
1027 Words!

Before you say it, this was really, and I mean Really cliche, but I hope you enjoyed it. And a Happy New Year heading into 2020!