Shoto x Reader (Friends?)

YOUR POV
Walking up to the apartment building with a huge box in my hands, I looked up. This was it. I was finally moving out of my parent's house with my best friend. I'm finally going to be an independent adult! Well, with Shoto of course.

Both of us are best friends looking for a way to escape our parents into reality. Believe me when I say I don't hate my parents, they're just... strict. Then Shoto wanted to move out because of his dad. So when he heard I wanted to move out as well, he asked if he could be my roommate. Of course it's going to be kind of weird to room with a guy, but I've known him since we were kids. Shoto would never do anything like that.

Getting into the elevator, I struggled to press the floor number I was supposed to go too. Shoto was the one to make the final arrangements after looking at the apartment since I had to do some my final exams in my own school (school name). Overall, I don't really know what I'm getting into, but I trust Shoto. He texted me that we were on floor eight room three hundred seven.

He also explained how the rent was pretty fair at about ¥177,500 a month. Of course both of us are going to split it, but the price can still be intimidating from time to time. Even if it was an average renting rate for the area.

Hearing the elevator come to a stop and ding, I cautiously stepped out and looked to the room numbers to find my way around. "Three hundred five... three hundred six... Ah here we go, three hundred seven!"

Carrying the gigantic box of stuff in my hands, I realized I couldn't reach into my back pocket to get the key to the apartment room. "Oh please tell my Shoto is in there." Hitting up against the door three times sounding like a maniac I yelled. "Shoto! It's (y/n)! Can you let me in please?!"

I heard a shuffling, then the unlocking of the door. Once it opened, I saw the bi-color haired male I've grown up with. "Oh, let me help you with that (y/n)." Just as he took the box from my hands a nice little old lady walked right behind me and accidentally numbed into me.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweety. I'll be right on my way." She explained in a nice little voice. I smiled as a response as she continued down the hall to the room right next to us.

"I guess she's our neighbor Shoto." I smiled, waiting for his response after he put the huge box down on the couch.

"Well, it could've been worse (y/n)." He replied in a little bit of a joking attitude.

Giggling a bit, I lightly punched him in the arm and continued. "Leave the lady alone Shoto! She seems nice." I pouted. He rolled his eyes at me as he welcomed me in.

Looking around to my left, I saw a nice little kitchen with a small table that could seat four. To the right was living room type area with a red couch that has my stuff on it, along with a T.V. that was mounted on the wall and a window. Straight ahead were three doors, one was probably a bathroom and the other two were probably Shoto's and mines bedrooms. "Make yourself at home (y/n)."

"This place looks amazing Shoto!" I ran over and hugged him tightly, unknown to me was that the apartment door was wide open.

"Aww, it's always fun to have a couple move in." To this I let go of Shoto and turned around to be met with the little old lady from earlier standing right at the doorway of our apartment. My face flushed red, and I'm pretty sure Shoto's did too.  

As both of us walked up to the doorway she continued. "Oh, I'm so sorry if I interrupted your little moment. It always just makes me think of my late husband whenever I see love. I promise I won't intrude, I just thought you two were so cute. Calling each other by your first names, helping each other, hugging, it's always so adorable. Don't worry, you won't hear any complaints from me if you do anything, if you know what I mean." She winked at us, then went on her way.

Closing the door slowly, I became more flustered than I already was. A little old lady was implying that Shoto and I were dating and going to do... Nevermind! "Umm, Shoto."

Just at that moment he grabbed my wrists and pushed me against the wall. His grip didn't loosen for a moment. Staring back and looking into the eyes of someone I thought I knew so well, I thought. What was going on with Shoto?!

I know he always was a blunt person, but this was new. Especially if he was trying to get a point across. "Are you okay Shoto?"

"I have a confession to make. Yet I don't know how you're going to react to it..."

"W-what do you mean Shoto. You can tell me anything." I was beyond flustered at this point. My face was even redder than his hair, and that was saying something.

"Okay. I like you." I blinked, twice. Was he really saying that. Maybe I heard him wrong.

"What did you say Shoto? I don't think I heard you right." I respond.

His hectocromic eyes bored into mine, and it was intimidating. My (color) eyes couldn't look away from his. He sighed. "I like you." Before I could respond, his soft lips were pushed right onto mine. Taking me by surprise I kissed back. Shoto put his strong arms around his waist as I put my arms around his neck. Melting into the kiss I was over the moon.

After a while he stoped and looked me back in the eyes. "Well assuming you kissed back, I'm pretty sure you like me." He said to me in a little bit of a smug smile. With his arms still around my waist, I looked a bit to the side breaking his gaze. He giggled a bit. He then took his hand and put it under my chin while lifting it lightly. "Well, you're mine now (y/n). There is no doubt about that."

_____________________________________________
1078 words!

I will have a Valentine's day one shot out. (I hope) I hope you enjoyed. And yes I had to research how much an average apartment rent online, it was a little annoying. Also thank you @bigotes0102 for the request and idea! Remember you can request any AU or ideas on the request page. Besides that, have a great day!