Shoto x Reader (Afraid)

THE PAST
YOUR POV

Shoto and I were running around in his yard practicing our quirks a bit. My quirk was derived from the four elements, water, fire, air, and earth. Shoto and myself were just hanging out and playing like any five year olds would. Granted I'd always get annoyed stares from his dad every time I'd come over.

Usually I'd be brought over after or during when Shoto was practicing with his father. It'd usually be him and myself, and sometimes Fuyumi his older sister.

We walked back into his huge house for some lunch. Sitting down and eating his father came in rather loudly. "(l/n). I'd like to talk to you in the next room over." I just nodded, not noticing Shoto's uneasy face. Walking into the next room over out of earshot from Shoto, Mr. Todoroki showed his true colors.

"I thought I've talked to you and your family about not coming anymore." His booming voice explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

"I'm saying that you're just a distraction for Shoto! He's going to be the number one hero!"

Then I said something that really set him off. "But... What if he doesn't want to be a hero..."

"You know nothing about what he wants!" And with that he shot some fire at my arm. "He'll be the number one hero whether he wants to or not!" He shot another bolt of fire at me. I kept blocking all the fire with my right arm trying to use my quirk to redirect it, but I wasn't strong enough.

All that I remember after is that I was rushed to the hospital and woke up in a hospital bed with my parents explaining to me what 'happened'. "Well sweetie, Mr. Todoroki told us that your quirk went completely out of control ending up with burns on your right arm. From now on we're going to train you better."

"What about Shoto?"

"What about him? You need to train so that you're not a danger to anyone or yourself. What if that fire outburst hurt someone? Then what!" I looked down, and noticed that my arm was covered in bandages, probably going to be scarred. But I have no choice, maybe Shoto and I will meet again. One day...

PRESENT DAY
It's the first day of me starting U.A. I'm nervous, ever since I got burned by Endeavor there's been a huge scar on my right arm. I always get weird stares from new people I meet and it's a little embarrassing. But when I tried explaining to my parents about what really happened, they wouldn't believe me. Why does nobody else believe me when I say Endeavor isn't a nice person. I mean, I was five, FIVE!

I walked all the way to class 1-A passing people who've already looked at me weird because of my scar, but either way I wouldn't let that stop me from becoming a hero, looks aren't everything. My quirk has progressed a lot, except for my fire part of my quirk. Ever since the incident my parents haven't really wanted to teach me to use it as much. I also don't really want to use it either, after the incident anything with fire scares me a bit. But I'll get over it, eventually.

Opening the door, not that many people were there. I saw a girl with short, light brown hair. A guy yelling at another guy while waving his hand robotically. And a guy in the way back that I couldn't really see. He seems familiar though. Then just like that, class started.

After classes were done I realized why that guy in the back was so familiar, that's Shoto! He just has what looks like a burn scar on his face. Maybe I shouldn't be so annoyed with the scar on my arm, at least I can cover mine up without it looking funny.