Shoto x Reader (Soulmate AU)

Red String of Fate- Person will see a red string that is attached to their pinky finger. Their soulmate will have the other end tied to their pinky finger. Only themselves and their soulmate can see it.

YOUR POV
Soulmates. I've always dreamed of finding mine, but I've realized over time it's pretty hard to find the one. Sometimes it's depressing to look at that red string on my pinky finger and see it on the floor leading out of the house. Who knows where it leads. Heck! It could lead me through the ocean to another country for crying out loud!

But then, I found him. My soulmate, and in all places, at school. Granted I don't think he's noticed that our strings connect. We've only been in school for one day, so I don't blame him for focusing on other things. He's striking. Two toned hair, bi-colored eyes, and a scar on the left side of his face. I don't know if it's him just being my soulmate or if he's just so handsome. Tomorrow I'm going to confront this, if he is my soulmate, I at least want to know what he's like.

THE NEXT DAY
At the end of class when everyone started to leave I walked over to my soulmate, who I just found out was Todoroki Shoto. The son of Todoroki Enji. Honestly I wish I hadn't known. Now I just feel intimidated, but pushing that thought to the back of my brain I was at his desk, facing him. "Umm, h-hi!"

He glanced up at me as I waved my left hand, the one with the string on it. For a second his eyes widened and trailed down to his right hand. "So, you're my soulmate." I nodded, but before I could speak he spoke his mind first. "I don't need a soulmate."

At that moment I took a second to process what he just said. Todoroki doesn't want me as a soulmate. "Wh-what?"

"You heard what I said. Now leave me alone." Todoroki then stood up and tried to leave before I gently put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wait. Why don't you want a soulmate? Is there something wrong with me?"

He looked at me with a piercing glare. "I told you to leave me alone."

"Can we at least try to get to know each other. I mean, we are soulmates. The red string is never wrong."

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that." He rolled his eyes.

"Please. Just give it a chance." I gave him a bit of my puppy eyes.

Todoroki sighed. "Fine. We can get to know each other. Whatever." He coldly stated, and left school.

Well, that was some progress. But I never expected this. Does he not believe in soulmates or something? This is so confusing. Either way I was determined to  get through to him.

3RD PERSON POV
Over the time (y/n) tried her best to get closer to Shoto over their first year. From time to time (y/n) would be able to get through his icy exterior, only for it to freeze over again.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Grey."

"Why grey Todoroki?"

"Because it was the first color I thought of. So leave me alone."

The (color) haired girl sighed. "How do you expect us to get closer to each other if you keep pushing me away?!"

"Exactly."

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Each day (y/n) tried her best, losing a bit of hope every single time Shoto shut her out. Never understanding why Shoto never wanted to get closer to his soulmate.

Granted the girl did find a few things to connect over. Like cats. One day both of them ran into each other at a cat cafe. Neither one expecting the other to be there the interactions between the two seemed different. Seemed normal and kind of nice.