Hes ok

We all ran over to Hermann and Ridder. They were still trying to put out the fire but it was no use. The pressure valve was about to blow. I don't remember much because I was so in the heat of time.. all I remember is we need to get out of this factory before it explodes.

"Hermann! Put down the hose.. we need to go!" I yelled to Hermann

"Evacuate! Evacuate!" I heard my dad say through the radio.

"Let's go!" I yelled and pulled Hermann and Ridder. We all started running to the medal door. I was behind Otis. We heard the pressure valve make one last hiss before it blew. Otis quickly turned around and grabbed me and pushed me foreword. I fell and my head hit the ground. Even though I had my helmet on, my head hit the cement pretty hard and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened slowly. I heard my PASS alarm going off. Once I regain my vision and started to get up my PASS alarm turned off. But I still heard it. I looked at my monitor and saw it wasn't flashing anymore but someone else alarm was going off. (The PASS alarm is an alarm that goes off if a firefighter hasn't made any movement for 30 seconds)

"Otis" I whispered. I quickly got up and looked around

"OTIS!" I yelled out. I saw a metal door and went towards it. I pressed my ear against the door and I heard the alarm going off in that other room. I opened the door and looked around. I gasped as I saw Otis on the ground and a metal rack on top of him. My breath fastened as I took off my helmet and mask. I ran over to Otis and grunted as I removed the rack. I got to my knees and turned Otis around. He was unconscious.

"Otis.. Otis please" I said to him. I let out a sob and grabbed my radio.

"Mayday mayday! firefighter down! Firefighter down! It's Otis!" I yelled into the radio.

Soon after Casey, Severide, and Cruz we're by my side as we each took a limp and carried otis out.

"Firefighter down" we yelled as we took Otis to a gurney. We started to remove his jacket and the paramedic removed his mask. That's when I saw the massive burn on the side of his neck

"No" I whispered.

"Let's go" the paramedic said and rolled Otis into the rig.

"Go.. Your his best friend" I told Cruz

"And your his wife" Cruz said

"Joe.. go... I'll meet you there" I told him. He nodded his head and climbed into the ambulance.

"Let's go" my dad said and we all headed to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived I sat down on the chairs and waited. I waited for hours. Everyone from different firehouses were patting me on the back and saying they were sorry but I was too overwhelmed to say anything.

Finally a doctor came over and is letting me and Cruz see him.

Me and Cruz walked into the room and there he was.

"Otis" I whispered.

"Hey" he croaked out and looked at me and Cruz.

"Your ok" I whispered again and he nodded and grabbed my arm.

"He has 2nd degree burns on his neck and chest but he will heal up in no time" Dr. Marcel said as he walked in. I forgot dr Marcel became the best surgeon after Conner left.

"Thank you Dr. Marcel" I said and he nodded and checked Otis vitals before leaving.

"I'm gonna tell the firehouse the news and let you best friends do your thing" I said and walked out.

~~~~~~

I walked into the waiting room and everyone came up to me. My dad came to my side and pulled me into a hug.

"How is he?" Brett asked.

I looked up at everyone and smiled, "he's ok. He's going to be ok" I said and everyone smiled and cheered.

"That's great news" Hermann said and came up to me. I smiled and nodded my head.

My dad smiled and looked down at me. He was about to say something but Cruz walked in.

"Amy.. Otis wants to see you" he said and smiled lightly. My dad kissed my head and let go of me and I walked to Brian room.

I walked in and sat in the chair next to him.

"Hey B" I said to him. He turned his head to me slowly and smiled.

"Hey" he said I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

There was a moment of silence before I decided to speak up.

"It should've been me to get hurt not you" I said to him. He looked at me and shook his head.

"I pushed you out of the way to protect me" he said and brought my hand up and kissed it.

I decided not to talk about it anymore so I smiled and nodded.

I'm just glad he's ok.

~~~~~~

Short chapter I know but the chapters will get longer and better I promise