Rest

"I'm coming little man" I muttered as I got up from our bed and trotted my way to the nursery to help the crying baby.

James is almost 1 now and he is crying constantly. I picked up the little baby and bounced him on my hip.

"What seems to be the problem buddy" I whispered as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a already prepared bottle out of the fridge.

I turned on the bottle warmer placed the bottle in it to let is warm up.

"I like to eat eat eat apples and bananas" I sang quietly to james as the bottle warmed up. James smiled a little and giggled.

"I saw that little smile" I said and tickled james and he giggled more. The timer dinged and I turned around and grabbed the bottle. I placed james on the counter and turned the bottle upside down and let a couple drops of milk fall onto the back of my hand to make sure the milk isn't too hot.

Once the milk felt the right temperature I handed the bottle to james, he took the bottle and placed it in his mouth.

"Maybe now mommy can get some shut eye" I said and picked up james and walked back to the nursery and placed him in his crib. He continued to drink his bottle.

I walked towards the door and flicked on his little holographic fake fish tank on his roof. Little fishes started swimming above him. James pointed to the ceiling.

"Fishy" he said and then put the bottle right back into his mouth.

I kept the nursery door open and walked back to the room and also kept that door open. I laid back in bed and pulled the blanket to me. I need to get some sleep. Brian comes home tomorrow and it's gonna be hard to take care of my little injured firefighter and a baby. I called off work today too so maybe I can put both of my boys for a nap and I can take one myself.

I closed my eyes and was able to get about 5 minutes before I heard james cry again.

I sighed and got up, "I'm coming" I said and walked over to the nursery again.

~~~~~~~~
"Make sure he gets plenty of rest Amy, and if I know Otis he's very stubborn so make sure you keep him in bed" Will said and I laughed.

"will do doctor" I said and playfully saluted him.

Will chuckled, "let me get the discharge papers" he said and walked out Of the room.

"I can't wait to go home and lay in my bed with my favorite girl and our little boy" Otis said.

"Yeah if he actually stays in bed" I muttered to myself but Brian heard me.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"Lately, James has been crying more especially in the middle of the night" I explained.

"Well he's a baby" Brian said.

"Yeah but he never did this until now" I pointed out.

"Well we're here at med.. have them take a look at him" bri said

"Can't, he's at the firehouse with my dad. I'll set up an appointment" I said and he nodded his head.

~~~~~~

I pulled up to the firehouse and parked the car.

"Ok, you stay in the car so I can go get james. I'll be in and out" I said and instead of protesting Brian nodded his head.

I climbed out of the car and shut the door. I started walking up the driveway when I heard crying and screaming from inside. I picked up my pace and jogged into the firehouse.

"The hell is going on?" I asked as the crying and screaming got louder.

"James is throwing a tantrum and we don't know why, he just started crying and screaming" Cruz said. I picked up james and started rocking him.

"Where is my dad?" I asked.

"He just went into his office to grab a bottle from the diaper bag" Foster said.

I saw james pacifier on the coffee table so I grabbed it and placed it in his mouth and his crying stopped. He laid his head on my shoulder and grabbed my shirt. I swayed side to side seeing if I can get him to fall asleep.

"He's just cranky, we had a rough night last night he wouldn't fall asleep" I whispered as I noticed james eye lids started to drop.

My dad walked out with a bottle in his hand and stopped walking when he saw me.

"Hey" I whispered and saw james completely asleep.

"Hey, sorry we couldn't control him" my dad said.

"It's fine, like I told everyone else he's just cranky" I said and my dad nodded.

"Can you grab me his diaper bag.. bri in the car I told him I'll be in and out" I said and my dad nodded and turned around and walked towards his office.

Once he disappeared around the corner the bell went off.

SQUAD 3 SMOKE DETECTOR GOING OFF

I looked over my shoulder and saw james didn't even stir awake and that surprised me because usually even the slightest movement causes him to wake up.

Everyone on squad got up and head for the rig just as my dad came out with the diaper bag.

"Thanks dad. I'll see you later" I said and lightly kissed him on the cheek and walked out of the building.

I walked to the car and waved at the boys as they pulled out.

I mentally thanked Cruz as he didn't turn on his sirens until they turned the corner from the firehouse. I opened the back door and placed a sleepy baby into his car seat and buckled him up. I placed the diaper bag below him and shut the door.

I climbed into the drivers side and drove off.

~~~~

Once we arrived home I turned the car off.

"Ok let's see how we can do this" I said thinking how I'm gonna carry james, who's still asleep and also help Brian inside.

"I can do things myself Amy" Brian said and climbed out of the car before I can say anything.

I sighed and also climbed out and grabbed james and the diaper bag out of the car.

I walked side by side with Otis to make sure he didn't fall or anything.

Once we made it into the apartment I placed the diaper bag on the floor.

"Here sit on the couch, I'll be right back" I said and bri listened and sat down. I walked into the nursery and laid james down in his crib and then quietly walked out.

"Alright, lets get you changed and laying in bed" I said I went to bri to help him up and then james started crying.

"After I rock him back to sleep" I said and turned and walked towards the nursery.

~~~~~

Hope you all like my story❤️❤️