Why?

"How is she?" Jay asked.

Hank was stitched up and is perfectly fine. James is in the nicu after a minor smoke inhalation.

Amy... she's on a ventilator after she inhaled a lot of smoke.

"She's going to be fine.. we're gonna keep her on a ventilator for the rest of today and tomorrow and than she's back on desk duty. She knew what she was doing. She saved Hank and James By putting that wet material on their nose and mouth. " Will explained to jay and Otis.

"That's good" Otis said and Will nodded. Will patted Otis back and walked out of the room.

~~~

Otis was sitting next to Amy. She was asleep. She had a mask on her face helping her breath. Jay walked in and saw Otis holding Amy hand.

"Hey" jay said and sat next to Otis.

"Hey" Otis replied.

"She doing better?" Jay asked and Otis just simply nodded.

"You good?" Jay added.

Brian sighed and turned towards jay.

"Why is it her.. she's always the one to get hurt.. she has been in so many accidents.. I mean if I can remember correctly, she was paralyzed from the waist down after a house collapsed on her. She fought off that deadly infection a couple months ago. She was shot. She literally died a couple weeks ago and was brought back to life.. why is she the one getting hurt I just don't understand it" Brian poured out his feelings.

"Because she loves this job.. she knows the risks.. even when she was a firefighter.. she knew what she was getting in.. she's protecting our City and apparently she doesn't give a damn if she gets hurt as long as the people of Chicago are safe" jay said. Otis looked at jay and nodded his head.

"Your right.. thanks I needed that" Otis said. Jay put a hand on Brian shoulder and just nodded his head.

"I'm hear for ya buddy" jay said.

~~~~~~

"Where is he" I asked. I inhaled a lot of smoke and I was on a ventilator but I was taken off it and now I wanna know where james was.

"He's in the NICU.. were going to keep him there for tonight since he's a baby. But Amy, let me tell you. If you weren't there to protect him, he would've inhaled a lot more smoke than he did. You were amazing up there" Will said

"C-can I see him?" I asked. Will nodded and helped me up. I had my IV still in connected to the machine so I had to drag that with me.

"Here, you walk I got this" Otis said and kissed my head.

"Thank you" I whispered as I started walking.

We walked to the NICU. Will walked me into james room and there he was asleep in a crib with all these wires around him. That broke my heart.

I grabbed james hand and held his tiny hand in mine.

"Hey buddy, it's me mommy.. your going to be ok.. we're going to make it through this" I said tears swelling up in my eyes.

"My baby" I whispered letting my tears fall.

"Amy" Otis said

"It's all my fault" I whispered

"Amy no" Brian said

"I should have just stayed home with him" I said crying harder.

"Amy look at me" Brian said and I slowly looked over at him he gently grabbed my cheeks.

"Its not your fault babe.. you couldn't predict the future.. he's going to ok. You saved his life Amy." Brian said and I nodded my head. More tears fell down my cheeks and I just crashed my head on otis chest and cried. Brian wrapped his hands around my body and held me as I cried.

**sorry for the short and little crappy chapter, any ideas for the next chapter?**