Awake

It's been about 2 weeks since the shooting at the fire house.

Amy has been in a coma for two weeks. Cruz has been staying at Otis and Amy apartment because brian doesn't think he's capable of taking care of james by himself.

Today was the day.. the day Amy was taken out of her coma and hopefully she will wake up.

Otis jumped awake when he heard James scream. He quickly threw the covers off his body and ran into the main room where he stopped in his tracks as he saw james running around and Cruz chasing him.

"I'm gonna get you" Cruz said and picked up james and spun him around.

"Noo" james whined. James looked up and saw his dad running his hands through his hair.

"Dada" james said and reached out for him. Brian walked over to james and smiled and grabbed him. Cruz could see the exhaustion in Brian face.

"Hey, I didn't mean to wake you up. I didn't know he would scream" Joe said

"It's fine.. I gotta head to the hospital anyway. There taking Amy out of the coma today" Brian said walking into the kitchen and setting james down in his high chair. He walked to the cabinet and grabbed a colorful plastic bowl. He poured Cheerios in it and then grabbed strawberries and cut them up.

"I would think bananas would go well with Cheerios" Cruz said

"James hates bananas.. found that out while Amy was pregnant with him. She couldn't keep bananas down.. then we tried to give him some a couple weeks ago and he threw up as well" Otis said and smiled at james as he set down the bowl in front of him and james started to eat it.

"You want coffee" Otis asked as he pulled out milk from the fridge.

"Sure" Cruz said. Otis first pulled out a bottle and poured milk into the bottle and set that down in front of james too.

He then grabbed two mugs and filled them with coffee. He grabbed the sugar and creamer and set that down on the table.

Cruz grabbed a cup and said thank you and then started to pour creamer and sugar into his coffee and Otis did the same thing.

"Are you going to bring james with you to the hospital" Cruz asked.

"Nah.. he's been to the hospital so much these past weeks. Amy mom is willing to watch him because she also has Terrance to watch" Otis said and Cruz nodded. Brian looked over at the time.

"I should actually start getting james ready.. it's getting late" Otis said and placed his mug in the sink and put everything away.

He turned towards james and he just finished his last strawberry and now had his bottle in his mouth.

"Let's get you ready to see nana" Otis said. James calls his grandma 'nana'

Brian picked james up and walked to james nursery and started getting him ready.

~~~~~~~~~

After james was dropped off. Brian and Cruz drove to the hospital.

They walked in and saw Will.

"Hey doc" Cruz said and Will looked over at the two.

"Hey, I already wore off the coma.. she should be able to respond." Will said. Cruz and Brian nodded and walked into the room.

Brian sat down and grabbed Amy hand.

"Hey sweetheart... if you can hear me.. can you squeeze my hand" Otis said and looked down at her hand and he smiled widely as he saw her hand slowly tighten around his hand and she squeezed.