5 months later.

I was brushing my hair getting ready for work, I loved my new bathroom. We decided to move apartments and start a new slate at a new apartment. I am 5 months pregnant and we want to wait for the baby to be born to find out the gender.

My stomach is now showing and hank is putting me on light duty. I still can go out and investigate but that's pretty much it.

"Hey" Brian said coming up to me. He was only in his boxers with his dark black fluffy hair all over the place.

"Hey bri" I said as he kissed my head.

"Your staying with james today?" I asked him as I placed the brush down.

"Yeah I'm off today" Brian said and I nodded my head.

"Ok well I'll be back soon. Hank doesn't want me working more than 8 hours" I said turning to Otis. He nodded his head and gave me a kiss.

"Be careful" he whispered to me

"I will" I said kissing him one last time before walking out of the apartment and heading to work.

~~~~~~~

"Marie, 5 years old, kidnapped and her father beaten to death." Hank said as I arrived on scene. I put my hands inside my bulletproof vest and walked around the house. I walked into the living room and saw them taking pictures and on the ground was a man dead and next to him was a pipe that the suspect beaten him with.

"Damn, we need to find this girl fast" I whispered to myself.

"Amy" jay said and I turned to him.

"We got a witness, at Med being treated" he said

"For?" I asked

"Ran over by a car the suspect highjacked" jay said and I nodded my head.

~~~~~

"I was getting out of my car when the man came, he threw the little girl in the back and he pushed me out of the car and ran my legs over" the lady explained gesturing her legs that were in both in casts.

"Can you describe the man?" I asked.

"White, tall, maybe around 35" she said and I wrote all that down.

"If you think of anything else please give us a call" jay said handing her his card and she nodded her head.

~~~~~~

"Alright, she said he threw Marie in the back of the car and took the car running over her legs in the process" jay said pointing to the picture of Marie on the board and then the picture of the lady broken legs.

"The car he took was a 2016 Blue Ford Focus, license plate DA1547. An amber alert was put out for Marie and a BOLO for the car" i said reading off the file.

"Hey guys, just got a call, got a hit on the plates" Rojas said putting down her phone.

"Let's go, Halstead and Zvonecek stay here" hank said pointing at us as they all left the building.

~~~~~~

"He pulled a Yates and switched the plates on the car" Ruzek said as they all walked back into the district.

"He's smart.. but not smart enough, he turned his phone on and was pinged at Downtown Chicago" I said looking at the computer.

"Let's hit it. Send me the address" Upton said and I nodded my head.

~~~~~~

I opened the door of the interrogation room and set the file down jay following me as we both sat in front of William Grey.

"Why am I here? I did nothing wrong" he whined.

"You kidnapped a little girl and killed the father" I said.

"I didn't do anything" he said standing up and getting in my face. Jay roughly grabbed the guy and shoved him back in his seat. I sat down in my chair rubbing my belly

"So why was the little girl in the car you carjacked" Jay asked as I pulled out photos and set them in front of him. William glanced down at the photos and then looked away.

"Look, it was the fathers idea" he said

"To kidnap his daughter and then have you kill him" I said sitting back in the chair crossing my arms.

"Listen, all he wanted was for me to take the girl. That's all" he said looking at me and jay.

"Then how did he end up dead" jay asked setting his hands on the table.

"He promised me 15k for it. When I went to the house he pulled out of the deal and man I needed that money I couldn't just say no. So we got into a fight and he grabbed the pipe. He was gonna attack me so I grabbed the pipe out of his hand and beat him with it and I'll admit I went over board but i would call it self defense" William said leaning back in the chair.

I looked over at jay and he looked at me. I took the photos and placed them back into the file and closed the file and got up. Jay followed me and we both walked out of the room.

"You believe him?" Hank asked

"He sounds credible.. they found a stash of cash in a black bag in the car" jay said.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey" I said sitting on the couch next to otis.

"Mama" james said running to me. I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"Hey buddy" I said kissing james head.

"How was work?" Brian asked me.

"It was good" I said standing up setting james down. He whined and lifted up his arms. I smiled lightly and placed my hands under her arms and lifted him up and placed him on my hip.

"Wanna order take out?" Brian asked.

"Sounds good" I said smiling as I rocked james.