Back to work

I held Brian hand as me and him walked into the station together. Today was his first day back at work and he was happy. I went to med last night and they had some type of hold up on the blood work so Halstead should be calling soon to see if there's something wrong with me.

Me and Otis walked in and the firehouse was empty.

"Uh" I said confused. Then everyone jumped out and screamed "surprise!!"

I screamed and went behind Otis for cover

"Welcome back buddy!" Hermann said.

Brian turned to me, "did you know about this" he asked me.

"I literally ran behind you scared out of my mind" I pointed the obvious out that I didn't know they were planning that. He nodded and turned back to everyone

"You guys didn't have to do this" he said.

"But we wanted to. Welcome back Brian" my dad said coming up to Brian putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks chief" Brian said and smiled.

~~~~~~~~
The shift started off and I felt bad for Brian because he could only drive the truck. He wasn't able to actually run into any fires yet.

Me and him were sitting on the couch with The firehouses dog, Tuesday. Mouch came and sat next to us and turned on the tv.

Me and Otis paid attention to the tv when the bell rang.

ENGINE 51 AMBO 61 DISTRESSED PERSON.

We all got up from the couch and ran to the truck. I suited up and climbed into the truck and we took off.

~~~~~

When we arrived I saw a girl crying and she was looking down at the highway above her on a bridge.

"Mouch, strap me in" I said taking off my helmet and jacket.

He brought me over the ropes and I strapped them on to my pants.

"Be careful" he said and I nodded.

Brett ran up to me, "her names Carrie.. she was kidnapped a while ago and Burgess Is assuming she got away from her captor" Brett  said looking at a paper burgess gave her as CPD was here too. I nodded my head.

I slowly walked towards her. "Hi Carrie. I'm Amy, I'm a firefighter" I said as I walked up to the bar and saw she was on the other side holding onto it.

"D-dont come any closer.. I'll jump" she said fear in her voice.

"Carrie listen to me.. you are stronger than this.. don't end it like this" I said

"You don't know me!" She yelled.

"I know. And even if I just met you I can tell your a strong person." I said. I saw at the corner of my eye CPD started to walk over to us. I put my hand out  towards CPD and shook my head, they saw I meant to stand down and they did.

"H-he killed my best friend" she cried.

"Who did Carrie?" I asked.

"Brent" she whispered. I looked over at burgess and she nodded her head writing down the name.

"He killed my best friend and I couldn't save her" she whispered.

"Carrie..listen to me. You don't have to end it this way." I said to her.

"You don't understand" she said

"Yes I do Carrie.. can I tell you a story" I asked. She looked over at me and was hesitant. She nodded her head and I slowly climbed over the rail.