Back to work and shooter part one

It's been a year since Brian was hurt from that serial bomber. everything has been going great. James is one years old and he is walking around talking a lot too.

I just arrived at the district. I walked in and did my normal hello to platt and then went to the gate and buzzed myself in.

I walked in and went to my desk. I took off my jacket and placed it around my chair.

"Here you go" jay said setting a cup of coffee on my desk. I take the cup and smell it. Carmel. My favorite.

"Mmm you know me best Halstead" I said and took a sip of my coffee.

"That's what I do" he said cockily.

"Don't get too cocky Halstead" I said and snickered a little and took a seat.

Everyone started to filter into the room. Except burgess and Ruzek.

"Burgess and Ruzek got a call. A lot of gang activity going on.. let's head out and meet them there" hank said.

"So much for coffee" I muttered to myself and stood up and grabbed my coat.

~~~~~~~

We arrived on scene and I saw two blankets with bodies under neath them.

"2 teenage boys. On different gangs got into it and one pulled out a gun so the other one did too both started shooting and they both went down" Ruzek said.

"Then get CSU here and find out if it was just these two or if other people were involved" hank said.

"Voight" someone said. I turned around and saw the commissioner.

Hank walked over to him and they both walked away talking. I looked over at jay looking down at one of the bodies. I walked over to him and saw what he was staring at.

"There's no way the other guy could've shot him here" jay said pointing to the right side to his head.

"The other guy was holding the gun in his left hand.. if he took that shot it would've been on the left side" I added finishing what he was going to say.

"21" hank said and everyone in district 21 stood up and walked over to hank.

"Commissioner doesn't want anymore bodies to drop.. im assigning half of you to a fire station in this gang area to make sure no one gets desperate and seeks hiding at a station.... burgess I want you at house 38... Atwater I want you at house 59 and Zvonecek I want you at house 51.. rest of you meet me at the district.. let's go" hank said. We all nodded and went our separate ways.

~~~~

I pulled up to the station and turned off my car. I climbed out and made sure I still had my gun and badge on my waist. I walked up the drive way and already saw Cruz and Capp.

"Hey Amy.. what are you doing here?" Capp asked.

"My job" I said and walked into the firehouse.

"A.. hey" my dad said as everyone looked over at me and Otis stood up and came over to me.

"There's been a lot of gang activity going around in the area.. commissioner assigned some of intelligence to firehouse around the area Incase any gang members try to hid in a firehouse. I'll be here until the end of the shift.. I hope you all don't mind" I explained.

"Ofcourse not.. your family" my dad said. I smiled and nodded.

The bell rang

ENGINE 51 AMBO 61 MAN DOWN

Everyone on engine and ambo got up and started to walk over to the garage.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey have you seen Brian" I asked Severide.