Almost back to work

It's been a couple months since I've given birth and James hasn't been giving me and Otis a hard time. He doesn't cry a lot which is a blessing for us.

Tomorrow I go back to work but for now I have just been visiting the district and the fire station.

Today I woke up and turned to my side and saw Brian already left for work. Me and him also moved into our own apartment so we have more room to take care of the baby.

I got up and walked into the nursery and saw james already up and playing with his feet,

"Hey little guy" I said as I picked him up. I brought his little bum up to my nose and sniffed.

"Ugh your a stinky boy aren't you" I cooed and laid him down on his changing table and changed him.

Once he was changed I walked into the kitchen with him on my hip. I sat him in his high chair and turned the tv on and changed it to a baby station that just has baby lullaby's.

I took his baby food out of the fridge and grabbed a spoon and mixed the baby food around before going over to him.

I scooped a little bit of baby food and brought it to his mouth. James refused to open his mouth and turned his head away.

"Come on buddy. Cooperate with mommy please" I said and tried again but this time he swatted the spoon out of my hand and onto the floor. I sighed and got a napkin and cleaned the mess up and grabbed another spoon.

James was giggling the whole time.

"You thinks that funny huh? Well if you don't eat your food then we won't go see dada" I said. James stopped giggling.

"Dada" he said.

"Nope, we won't go see him until you eat" I said putting the spoon to his mouth and he finally opened his mouth and ate the baby food.

"There you go" I said as I continued to feed him until his baby food was all gone.

~~~~~

I pulled up to the district and took james out of his carrier and walked in.

"There's my girl" Platt said. I always had a great relationship with Platt because I used to work with her husband.

"Hey Trudy" I said and walked up to her. She gasped and smiled at james.

"Well hello there handsome fella" she said as she came around her counter and pinched his cheeks gently.

"He looks just like Otis" she said. James did. He had a head full of black hair and he was exactly Brian skin color,

"Yeah he is" I said and laughed.

"Are you excited to come back to work tomorrow?" She asked

"Yes. I mean I love the new shift of being a mom but I'm ready to come back and fight crime" I said.

She smiled and walked back around to her side of the counter.

"Good.. I'll see you tomorrow" she said. I smiled and walked up to the gate and put my hand down. The gate buzzed and I walked up the stairs.

"Surprise!" I said as I made it up the last couple of stairs out of breath.

"Has there always been that many stairs" I said panting.

"Amy. Hey" Jay said and took james out of my arms so I could really catch my breath.

"Hey Zvonecek" Hank said as he walked out.

"He's so freaking adorable" Upton said as she watched james play with her fingers.

"I know" I said and laughed.

"You ready to come back tomorrow?" Hank asked.

"Ofcourse I am sarg." I replied.

~~~~~~~

After spending a while at the district me and james headed to the fire station.

I pulled up and looked into the rear view mirror and saw James was fast asleep.

I climbed out of the car and grabbed the carrier.

I walked in the firehouse and sneakily walked into my old office that still was in tact and not turned into a storage room yet.

I set the carrier down and walked out of the room and slowly closed the door but keeping it slightly open.

I walked into the main area and saw engine and truck walking in from I'm guessing a call.

"Amy" Severide said as he came over to me.

"Hey guys" I said and hugged everyone.

I saw Brian come over to me and kissed my cheek.

"Where's my little man?" He asked.

"Asleep in my old office" I replied and he nodded.

"So you guys hungry" I asked as I walked into the kitchen area.

"Ill whip you guys up a little bit of lunch" I added.

"You sure.. it's kindof Cruz thing to make lunch" Brian said to me.

"I'm sure he won't mind" I said as I started to cook.

As I was cooking I saw Cruz walk in and stop in his tracks as he saw me cooking.

"Uh what are you doing?" He asked me.

I looked behind me trying to figure out who he was taking to.

"Uh I am cooking lunch " I said and continued cooking.

"I always cook lunch!" He yelled.

"Cruz.. first off don't yell, james is asleep, and second just let me cook lunch once" I pleaded.

Cruz huffed and crossed his arms. "Fine" he said. I smiled and continued to cook.

I heard a faint noise and I knew it was the baby. I put down my spoon and started to walk over to my office.

"No keep cooking Amy. I'll get him" Cruz said and walked towards the office. I went back to my pot and stirred the macaroni.

I saw Cruz walk out with a messy hair baby. James was rubbing his eyes.

"Looks who's up sleepyhead" Brian said and james immediately looked around as he heard his dads voice. Once james saw Brian getting up from the couch, he reached his arms out towards bri.

"Dada" James said. Otis laughed and grabbed James from Cruz hands.

"Hey buddy" bri said and bounced james around.

~~~~~~~

"I have to admit Amy.. this is really good" Cruz said as he continued to eat the pasta I made.

"Why thank you Joe" I said as I fed James his bottle.

Just as they continued eating the bell went off.

"Please don't be squad" Cruz whispered to himself.

ENGINE 51, SQUAD 3, AMBO 61 HOUSE FIRE.

Cruz sighed as he got up and so did everyone else.

Otis came over to me and kissed my lips and kissed James head before running out.

After they left for the call I picked up James and set him in his carrier and walked out to my car.

I buckled the carrier to the car and climbed into the front seat and took off home.

~~~~~

**i hope you guys like it so far!**