40

This chapter is dedicated to menahnerh for being the first to comment and vote on both chapter 38 and 39 ❤❤

We're finally at chapter 40 😭💪

Even in the midst of thousands and millions, he would always recognise his wife. Even from behind. But what surprised him and the same time made his blood boil was that, she wasn't alone. She was with a man! "Zynah?"

Without thinking twice, he pulled ove and alighted the car. She had turned around and he could see her clearly now. She was indeed his Zynah. He wanted to rush over to her and apologize to her for all he had done to her in the past, but seeing the both of them converse made him ball his fists.

Zynah wanted to pay the fruit vendor his money, but Ibrahim insisted he would pay instead.

"It's fine." Zynah politely declined.

He ignored her and went ahead and handed one thousand naira note to him.

"Thanks, Ibrahim." She smiled.

"Seems Adnan is feeling sleepy, hand him over. I will drop you both off at the hotel. Let's go?"

Zynah handed a sleepy Adnan to Ibrahim. "Go ahead, I need to buy something from that store over there."

"Alright." Ibrahim replied and ambled away.

Bilal took that as his cue to approach her. Like someone who had lost his mind, he rushed towards her and grabbed her by the arm.

Startled by the action, Zynah turned around and her gaze met with that of Bilal's. Her eyes widened to their limits. Her chest fell and she took in a sudden intake of breath. After three years, she finally saw him again. This was not how she wanted their meeting to be and this was definitely not how she wanted to react. He still hadn't changed. He looked exactly as she had always known him, but slightly skinnier.

"Zynah." He called and the next thing he did, took her by surprise - he drew her into a bone crushing hug. "Zynah." He repeated her name slowly. His arms around her tightening even more.

Mustering all of the power in her, Zynah pushed him away and started walking away.

Bilal grabbed her hand and turned her around forcibly. He didn't say a word to her, but his action alone spoke volumes to Zynah - He hadn't changed at all. She suddenly recalled how badly he treated her in the past. How her feelings meant absolutely nothing to him.

"Let me go." She demanded in a firm voice.

"That's the last thing I'm going to do. Do you know how long I have been looking for you? How I have longed for this moment to arrive?" Tears prickled his eyes as he spoke and he joined their foreheads together. He didn't bother trying to hide the tears, in fact, he wanted Zynah to see just how genuine he was in getting her back.

Zynah couldn't believe her eyes. Did she see clearly? Was Bilal really teary eyed? In all the years she had known him, she knew he wasn't the type of person who gets emotional easily. He was an heartless man - she knew. It was all a charade to make her fall into his trap. She wasn't as gullible as he thought she was. She was much stronger now. "Let's not cause a scene here. Let go of me."

Bilal's grip tightened around her and immediately, he was shoved hard against the chest by someone.

"Didn't you hear her? Let go of her!" Ibrahim intervened. His brows tightly furrowed.

Zynah released the breath she didn't even realise she had been holding. Thankfully, Ibrahim was available to come to her aid. She didn't know what would have happened if he hadn't showed up. Knowing Bilal, he was capable of resorting to anything. Violence wasn't a strange thing to him. It was his second name.