63

"You're such a homewrecker! Bilal is mine and mine alone. If you think you can come into my home and destroy it, then you're terribly mistaken." She fumed.

Zynah yanked her hands off her shoulders. "Get your hands off me."

"While I'm still being nice, I'd advice you run as faraway as possible. You don't know what I'm capable of doing to you, most especially that son of yours."

Zynah's heart thumped faster against her chest - Zaahida had hit her most sensitive spot. Her weakness. She would be able to bear anything against her, but for the sake of her son, she would go to every extent to ensure his safety. "Don't drag my son in this." She warned, her voice laced with all seriousness. "If you have a problem with me, let's deal with it between ourselves. Face me head-on! Do not involve Adnan. He is only a kid."

"This atmosphere reeks of..." She trailed off, placing a finger against her chin. "Of fear. Tell me, sweetie," She derided. "Are you scared of what I might do to your beloved son?"

"I'm more scared for you, because the moment you lay a finger on him, you're going to see the other side of me." She responded.

"Oh Allah! I'm frightened." She burst into laughter.

"Now, I know why Bilal doesn't love you." She remarked, hitting a nerve in Zaahida.

She gritted her teeth and lunged towards her, furiously. Raising a hand to hit her, Zynah didn't budge from her spot.

"Go ahead and try it." She dared her.

"What will you do?" She rolled her eyes.

"You know what? I actually pity you. You're so desperate and the bitter truth is that no matter how hard you try, Bilal will never love you, so what's all these about? Fighting over someone who doesn't give a damn about you? That's pretty pathetic, don't you think?"

Infuriated, Zaahida raised a hand to hit her again.

Zynah caught her hand midair and twisted her it. She didn't let go, until she began to wince in pain. "It actually funny how you think I'm trying to steal Bilal from you, when he doesn't even belong to you. Just one word from me, is all it would take for him to divorce you and have him crawling back to me." She smirked and walked away, leaving a stunned Zaahida behind.

"Who the heck does she think she is?" She fumed. "I will not allow her get away with this. I'd be a fool to do that."

"Assalamu'alaykum, mom." Ramlah walked into Mrs. Hafsa's room.

"Wa'alaykum salam." She replied, looking up from the tiny sized book she was reading, titled fortress of the Muslims.

Ramlah took a seat beside her on the couch and cleared her throat. "How are you doing, mom?"

"Alhamdulillah." She replied, curtly, averting her gaze back to the book.

"Hmm." She hummed. "What of dad? When is he coming home. I miss him so much already."

"Tomorrow, in shaa Allah." She replied curtly again, but this time, she closed the book and turned to her daughter. "You can go ahead and say me what you came here to tell to me."

Ramlah chuckled, awkwardly. "Actually..." She trialed off.

Her eyes suddenly widened a bit. "Is Adnan alright?"

"Yes, he is. I even spoke to ya Zynah earlier today."

"Okay."

"Are you still angry with Ya Zynah?"