51

Warning 1: unedited
Warning 2: long chapter 😉

Immediately Ramlah got out of their sights, she heaved a sigh and shook her head in disbelief. "The nerve of that man!" She seethed. After everything he did to her sister, he still had the guts to show his face to her and misbehave - she rolled her eyes. Had it been her in her sister's shoes, she wouldn't have tolerated any of his attitude. Sometimes, the way Zynah gives him a listening ear annoyed her. He didn't deserve any of that. She, for one, would never believed he was capable of turning a new leaf.

Even after Bilal had left the hospital, Zynah couldn't stop pondering on the things he said. He had refused to spill the beans to her. He insisted she asked Rashida instead. Her sister said despicable things about her? But what? She shook her head in an attempt to spurn the thought, but her efforts were futile. For some inexplicable reason, she felt uneasy.

When Hafsa and Ramlah returned, they didn't fail to notice her foul mood, but they mistook it for worry.

Few minutes later, the doctor emerged and they all hurriedly approached him.

"How is he doing, sir?" Hafsa asked.

"What happened to my son? Why did he suddenly become unconscious?" Zynah rushed out the questions.

"He is going to be alright." He remarked, calming them down a little. "His blood sample was taken for a test in the lab and it proves he has been suffering from malaria."

"Malaria?" Zynah asked, surprised. "But how comes? We are very careful with mosquitoes and he sleeps under a net."

"Will he be fine?" Ramlah intervened. "Why did he lose consciousness?"

"It might be due to severe headache and his temperature was very high Didn't he mention it to any of you?" The doctor asked.

"No, he didn't. The only thing I noticed was how he sleeps a lot these past few days. His body was a little bit hot, but I didn't take it to be anything serious." Zynah responded.

"These little symptoms matter. They shouldn't be ignored, especially in children. Some children tend to suffer in silence. They don't tell their parents when they feel ill, so it's the responsibility of the parents to be observant." He explained.

He was right, she knew. Due to how engrossed she was in Bilal's case, she failed to notice how sick her son had been. "Thanks, doctor."

"We have placed him on some medications and here, I have prescribed some drugs for him. You can get then at the pharmaceutical department." He handed the prescription over to Zynah.

"Thanks." She collected it. "Is he going to be admitted? Can we see him?"

"You can take him home if you want and take better care of him there." He shrugged. "Just make sure he takes his drugs at the appropriate time and the right dosages."

"Alright, doctor. Thanks again."

The doctor nodded and walked into his office, that wasn't faraway from the ward.

Immediately they got back from the hospital, Hafsa retired to bed, for she was exhausted. Ramlah did the same and Zynah took Adnan to his room, then went straight to the kitchen to prepare something for him to eat in order for him to regain his strength - the doctor had advised this. Ramlah wanted them to spend the night at the hospital, but Zynah insisted they return.

In less than thirty minutes, she was able to prepare some porridge for him. She poured a small quantity in a bowl and took it to him, with the hopes he wouldn't refuse to eat due to lack of appetite.