71

Don't forget to vote, comment an share 🤗

Longgg chapter to make up for the delay 🔥

"End stage renal disease - it's a chronic type of kidney disease/failure."

Zynah couldn't believe her ears. A tear slipped out of her eyes without her even knowing. "What...what do you mean by end...end stage?"

"It's the last stage of kidney failure. It wasn't discovered early. He would have been put on drugs and hopefully he would get better." The doctor informed.

Zynah's eyes glistened with tears. "Are you saying he is not going to get better now?"

"Of course not." The doctor denied. "That's not what I'm trying to say. His life can be prolonged if he is put on dialysis or preferably, undergo a kidney transplant. I have had this discussion with him before. The surgery has to be done as soon as possible."

"Kidney transplant?" She asked, swallowing a lump in her throat. "Same thing happened to Adnan a long time ago. Is this hereditary?"

"In some cases, yes." He responded. "Is he on dial-"

"He's perfectly cured now." Zynah cut him off. "He underwent a surgery."

"Can we leave now?" Bilal muttered to Zynah.

She ignored him and kept on talking to the doctor instead. "I heard it's hard to get a donor. How do we get one as soon as possible?"

"I'm leaving." Bilal didn't wait for any of their responses, before standing up and ambling out of the room with Adnan.

Zynah suppressed the urge to burst into tears. "Will he be alright, doctor? I need you to be honest with me, please."

"Is there no one here?" Mr idris banged on the door.

"I don't think they are around, dad. The door seems locked." Ramlah reasoned.

"Where could they have gone? Where has that good for nothing man taken your sister to?" He asked, infuriated.

Ramlah shrugged. "Let me give her a call."

"Alright, please be fast about that. Don't tell her I'm here, just ask her where she is, who she's with and when she will be returning."

"Okay." She pulled out her cellphone from her bag and dialed her number, but she didn't pick up. She tried it for the second time, but still didn't get a response. "She isn't picking up."

"What could be wrong? It's unlike Zynah to ignore her calls."

"Maybe she's not close to it." Ramlah reasoned.

"I have a bad feeling about this. She might be in some sort of danger...or it might be Adnan's health. I'll call her myself." He dialed her number and after the third ring, she picked up.

"Assalamu'alaykum, dad. Good evening." She greeted.

Mr Aliyu didn't fail to notice the sadness in his daughter's voice. "Good evening. How are you doing? Is everything alright...?"

"Yes, dad." She forced a laugh. "I'm perfectly fine, Alhamdulillah. How's your health?"

Mr Aliyu ignored her question and threw her another one instead. "Is Adnan alright? Where are you right now?"

"At home!" She was quick to reply. "We're at home. I just left mum's room not long ago and Ramlah is right here with me." She lied.

His brows furrowed. "Really? Give Ramlah the phone, I want to speak with her."