82.

Longest chapter I have ever written (approximately 4000 words) buckle your seatbelts! You might need a box of tissues too. Just saying 😪

Waking up with a splitting headache had become a normal routine for Zynah. She yawned and stretched out, then closed her eyes again for a few more minutes, before the adhaan was made. Groggily, she got out of bed and ambled towards the bathroom to perform ablution and then offer her fajr prayer.

It was already a quarter past seven when Zynah finished reading the Qur'an and had returned it safely to its place.

The rays from the morning sun penetrated through the small opening of the window and shone on her - a reminder that a new day had begun. She sauntered towards the window and allowed her gaze wander around and linger on the beauty of nature; the sky was bright, flock of birds could be seen flying about. To Zynah, the morning seemed extraordinarily beauteous - she was having a good feeling about the day.

She heaved a sigh, breaking free from her trance. "What's this feeling?" She asked herself and a smile crept its way up her lips. She shrugged and sauntered out of the room for Adnan's.

Pushing open the door, she met his absence. She figured he must be with his father, in his room, so she headed there.

As expected, she opened the door and found them lying in his bed, his arms securely wrapped around Adnan, seemingly afraid of him being snatched away from him by a grotesque being. Entrancingly, she sauntered into the room and captured the moment with her phone. The picture looked so perfect, she couldn't help setting it as her new screensaver. With a duchenne smile plastered on her face, she took a seat on the edge of the bed and lifted a hand to caress Adnan's forehead, then Bilal's. Her hand lingered on his face and trailed down his eyes, nose and finally rested on his lips. She couldn't believe the day she dreaded had finally arrived. Just a day more and it would all be over. Bilal would keep his words and finally divorce her. Left to her, she didn't want the divorce to push through anymore, but other people were involved already. Indisputably, she knew the divorce would have to take place.

Sullenly, she was about to get up and leave the room, but was stopped by a grip on the arm, pulling her back and making her fall on his body.

Slowly, his eyelids separated and his gaze enthralling penetrated into hers. "You were gawking at me." He stated in a firm, yet humorous voice. "Am I that handsome?"

Zynah smiled, then in a split second, her demeanor contorted in a sneer; "Is it so wrong to gawk at my husband?" She emphasized. "And no, you're not handsome, you're beautiful."

A glittering luster appeared in his eyes and disappeared in a flash. "Are you perhaps drunk?" He inquired, jocularly. "Drunk in love?"

Zynah chuckled and pulled herself up from his body. "How are you feeling today?" She asked, sitting beside him and placing a hand on his head.

He gave a lopsided smile. "As strong as an Ox."

"You know, we could have stayed in the hospital, but you refused." Zynah complained. "Are you sure you're really alright?"

"I'm fine." He reassured. "Don't worry too much about me, okay?"

"I'm your wife." She sneered. "You can't tell me that."

"A wife for just a day more." He pointed out in a distressful voice, masked in the pretext of humor.

Zynah swallowed a lump in her throat - it was the absolute truth, but why did she feel excruciatingly doleful at the reminder? "And so?" She placed both her hands on each side of her hips. "Even if it's just for a few more hours or minutes, it doesn't matter, I'm still your wife."