U M B R A *

* (n.) Shadow of darkness.

♪♪♪

A large outdoor field owned by Faculty of Arts tonight was modified into a music festival arena with one big stage and screens to provide all audiences. Many university students attended to see annual event held by Arts students.

Phun arrived with his two friends and Aim, his ex-girlfriend. They were searching for a spot to watch among the crowd when Phun saw Ohm and his boyfriend already fixed their standing place to watch. He gave a sign to Aim and Yacht to go to the spot he found while Boun was greeting his friend from another faculty, so he was still behind.

Phun moved some steps forward. "Ai Ohm."

Ohm who was looking at his phone suddenly bounced back. At the time he turned around and see Phun, Ohm smiled widely. "Oy, Ai Phun!" He hugged Phun's shoulder as he stood beside Phun. "Who are you with?"

"My friends and Aim."

"Oh, the whole family." Ohm commented.

Phun greeted Mick,Ohm's boyfriend, with a nod. There was no need for Phun to ask back because the person Ohm is with was in front of him. During that time, someone pat his back from behind. Phun only took a short glance. After he saw Boun standing behind him, Phun looked back at Ohm.

"Have you seen Noh, Ohm?"

Ohm shook his head and showed Phun his phone screen. "He came home, he said. He was not one of the field organizer, so he did not have to be here."

Phun nodded as he heard Ohm's explanation. "I see. Then, enjoy this festival. I have to come back to my friends." Phun left Ohm and Mick. He was followed by Boun to go after Yacht and Aim. Phun looked at the stage and observed people around him.

"Ck!" Phun made a click sound with his mouth, it automatically turned Aim, Yacht and Boun's head to him. "Aim, I need to leave. Would you please come back home with my friends? They are trusted."

Aim nodded. "Oh, ok kha, Phun."

Phun told Yacht to take Aim home after the festival and he hurriedly walked away, separating himself from the crowd. Then, he was gone.

"Is Phun going to meet Noh?"

Boun responded to Aim who was clueless about what happened. "Not tonight. Noh is not coming here. He is not here."

"So, where is Phun going?"

Yacht shrugged. "For 3 years in a row, Phun always attends this festival but he has never blended in the sea of people like us, like this. He always goes somewhere with Ai Noh. So, since they have broken up and Noh is not coming, we have no idea where he's gonna go."

"Are you not gonna come back with Ai Phun, Aim? I heard you were with Phun in high school." Boun asked for confirmation. Since some of his friends from another faculties were graduated from Friday School, Boun got information overflow without he begging for it after Aim's first appearance in job fair.

Aim shook her head. "I have a boyfriend already and I have learned not to cheat anymore, especially when I have had someone who loves me so much." Aim answered. "I have lost once, I won't lose again."

Phun entered a building. He finally reached the 5th floor by stairs. For 3 years, Phun and Noh occupied one spot in the hallway to watch the festival privately. This night, Phun was alone.

The festival had started and Phun suddenly smiled while watching the performance. He recalled those times he and Noh spent there to enjoy this event every year.