L A C U N A *

* (n.) A blank space; missing part.

♪♪♪

Noh looked at his phone. He ended the talk just now with someone from BEC-T company. After 2 months of waiting since he attended selection process, he finally got the answer. He could not believe that he was accepted as Event Specialist in that big company.

This two months, he was jobless. He sometimes helped Ohm to be sound engineer and went to job fair several times. Noh could not find the excitement as high as his desire to work with BEC-T company. He had been dreaming of it since he learned more about art and especially, music. Also, when he was involved as committee in many events when he was in Art Faculty Student Senate. Not only music event, but also conferences, exhibitions, and job fairs. Now, Noh's dream came true.

In a second, the surprised but happy expression on Noh's face disappeared. He put his phone away. His fingers had typed almost one complete sentence, but then the reality hit him hard. He should not send any message to Phun, the first person he wants to tell about this good news.

"I'm the one who wanted to cut my ties with him. I'm the one who asked to break up. I'm the one pushing him away." Noh murmured like he was casting a spell for himself. "I'm the one who can't live without him." Noh concluded. "So, I must learn to be one who can live without him."

Noh threw his body to the bed. He had a month to move to another city to work in BEC-T. It took 2 hours by car from his house, with MRT and any alternative transportation, Noh still prefer living near the workplace.

"Mae!!! I am accepted!!!"

Noh got out of his room and walking down the stairs, calling his mom like a little child. This time, Noh strengthen his intention to start a whole new life. Without Phun.

Noh smiled when a woman who was one of people who interviewed him appeared. Her name is Teerana Pachrapa. Noh called her Khun Tira or, without formality, P'Tira. She was friendly and welcome Noh with a wide smile each time they met. Today was the third time they meet each other and he would meet her frequently since this was the first day of Noh's office life.

"Sawasdee kha, Nong Noh. Welcome to the club!" Khun Tira shook Noh's hand.

Khun Tira introduced Noh to everyone who passed them until they reached the elevator which brought them to 12th floor. As Noh followed Khun Tira's stepped, he carefully listened to Khun Tira's explanation.

"Your team is the core of every event we organized. They are from various majors. Your team has two economists for budgeting and financial planning, two public relation specialists for publication and promotion, and a sound engineer who is in charge of anything technical on D-Day. Now, we have you in the team as an event specialist. You will plan the guest list. You will hold the most important role in the team na, Nong Noh." Khun Tira patted Noh's shoulder.

"Khrab, P'Tira."

"But..." Khun Tira stopped talking for a while when they entered the main working space. It has cubicle environment and now they were standing in front of a group of cubicles. "It seems like your team is not here yet. Nobody is here."

Noh said nothing until Khun Tira asked one of the employees there. She got back to Noh when she had the answer for her question.