R I S O R G I M E N T O *

* (n.) A time of renewal; Renaissance.

♪♪♪

The long-awaited graduation day for Phun finally came. His family which consists of parents and a younger sister attended the ceremony. He was surprised that Boun and Yacht, also Prem as Boun's boyfriend were there, too.

"You are going to leave for a year, how come do you expect us not to see you one more time?" Yacht complained when Phun said to them that he did not want to trouble them.

Showered with many prayers and greetings from friends, Phun could not lie. He looked around searching for someone that is unlikely to be there. The hope in his heart could not be removed.

"He doesn't come." Boun said when he noticed that Phun lost focus of his circle. "I'm sorry I failed to convince him."

"I did not ask you to convince him, Ai Boun." Phun smiled, ensured Boun that he was fine. "We had said farewell to each other."

Boun nodded. He did not talk about it any further. He continued taking Phun and family's picture.

"Who is going to go with you to the airport tomorrow?" Yacht asked. "Do you want us to drop by there before we leave?"

Phun shook his head. "I'm with my family and the flight is in the afternoon. You guys need to work on the next day, right?"

"What time is the flight?" Boun asked while working behind his camera lens.

"At 8 pm."

"You bastard! Fight me! 8 pm is not afternoon. It's evening!" Yacht hit Phun's arm playfully.

Phun was still playing with Yacht when Boun suddenly said "Stop joking. Ai Phun, stand here. I'm gonna take your picture there."

Phun followed his friend's command and let Boun captured several shots. "Are you done, Ai Boun?"

Boun nodded even though he was still playing with his camera directed toward Phun. He stopped when Prem appeared in front of his camera.

"What are you doing?"

Being asked like that by his boyfriend, Boun put down his camera for a second, then he smirked and put it up again. "I'm taking your picture." Then, he directed the camera to Prem.

Phun who was witnessing the scene, smiled and sighed at the same time. The sweetness could kill Phun on the spot because he wanted to have that kind of moment, too. Back then when he was still with Noh, they rarely did something cute or sweet, at least for themselves. Phun had never asked anyone around him about their opinion about him or his now ex-boyfriend.

"P'Phun kha..." Pang hugged Phun's arm tightly when she saw Phun showing a sad face. "Cheer up kha! Today is your day."

Phun nodded, pretended to be fine, but Pang and others knew he was not.

Boun suddenly pulled Phun to the back when he was shaking hands with his classmates. Phun had to ask them to wait because Boun could not sweat it.

"You bastard, Ai Boun. Can't you see, I was with-"

Boun shut Phun's mouth by giving his cellphone to Phun. Boun said nothing and left his phone with his friend like it did not matter to him.

Phun knitted his eyebrows. His eyes widened when he finally look at the screen. He hurriedly put the phone close to his ear. "Khrab?"

"So slow."

"Noh..."

This time, Noh, who was on the other side of Phone line, was silent.