D O L D R U M S *

* (n.) A state or period of sadness or depression.

♪♪♪

Valentine's day had been passed for 3 days and Saturday came, so Noh was at home, eating the chocolate from Phun. Boun was right, he had been eating chocolate for almost a week now.

"That damn Ai Phun!" Noh swore at his ex-boyfriend who was not there.

Of course, Noh had always had another choice, such as sharing his chocolate box with his colleagues or family members, yet he did not want it and ended up eat it for himself.

"Khun Noh, Khun Mae is waiting kha." The maid reminded Noh who was lying down on the bed.

Noh almost forgot that he had to go with his mother to supermarket because his father would arrive from another town in two days and his mother wanted to cook something special for his father. It was her habit.

Noh went downstairs only to meet his mother whose hand already stretched out the car keys. He snatched it right away and walked to the car outside, followed by his mother.

It took 30 minutes for Noh and his mother to reach the supermarket. For Noh, it was actually a bother because there was a supermarket near his house but his mother did not think it is as complete as the further one. So, here they were, looking at meats on icy table. He let his mother but them as much as she needs.

Noh, whose hands were gripping the shopping trolley's holder, was surprised as he spotted one girl was staring at him and waved her hand as she found out that it was Noh. She left her trolley with her boyfriend and walked toward Noh.

"Sawasdee kha, P'Noh..."

Noh was about to greet back but he was stupefied for a second. Something bothered him.

"P'Noh?"

"Ah, khrab, Pang." Noh startled. "How's life without Phun?"

"Oh, everything is fine kha. I'm more independent now. Pang have my boyfriend, too, so Pang will be ok." Pang smiled widely and clearly was proud of what she became now. "Is that P'Noh's mother kha?"

Noh turned back to his mother who was watching him interact with a young girl. "Oh. Mae khrab, this Nong Pang, Phun's younger sister."

Noh's mother dilated, showing her excitement. "Really??? Aw, beautiful girl. How's your brother doing kha? Is he fine?" She hurriedly hugged Pang and put the young one's hands in her arms. "Hmm?"

"P'Phun is fine. He will be graduated soon. He will be the fastest in his class to graduate kha." Pang said.

Suddenly, the butcher called Noh's mother to ask about the meat she would buy. So, she had to turn her back on his son and Phun's sister for a moment.

"Hmm... Pang, your perfume..."

Pang frowned at Noh's unfinished statement. She looked at herself and sniffed at some places. "Do I smell weird kha, P'Noh? I put on P'Phun's perfume because I am bored with mine." Pang said. "It is P'Phun's favorite perfume, though."

Noh knew it was Phun's favorite perfume. Noh gave it to Phun. His thought disturbed him

"Pang."

Pang was called by her boyfriend, Pop. The young girl excused herself and went away.

Noh was silent for a while until until the sound of a pack of meat was put in the trolley by his mother disturbed him.

Looking at his son startled, Noh mother smiled. She stretched out her palm and opened it in front of Noh's face, a sign that his mother wanted something. "If you need to go somewhere, go by taxi. Give the car key to me."