A M A R A N T H I N E *

* (adj.) Unfading; undying.

♪♪♪

Phun was still awake, sitting on his bed while typing reports. His eyes was fixed to his notebook. It had past midnight. He was surprised when a name shown on his phone screen. HIS SISTER HAD NOT SLEPT YET. Phun immediately picked the call up and the first thing he got was a shout out.

"P'PHUN! PANG MET P'NOH KHA!"

Phun was dumbstruck for a second, but then he remembered that Pang went to a music event today. "Pang, did you just arrive home? It's almost midnight khrab. You are a woman. It's better if Pang arrive earlier."

"I met P'Noh."

"You've said it before."

"Aw, aren't you happy to hear his name again, P'Phun?" Pang disappointed at her elder brother's reaction. "Aren't you worried about him? You love P'Noh kha , P'Phun."

Phun sighed. "Ja~ I love Noh. But I'm not worried about him, Pang. Not a single bit."

Phun could hear Pang wailing. She continued to criticize her brother. "How come? You can not do that to P'Noh. He is still mentioning you even though he was the one proposing the break up. Why are P'Phun the one who move on first?"

Phun laughed. That was a good accusation from his sister. Yet, in fact, Phun had never thought about it, whether he is moving on or stay where he is.

"He is an adult, Pang."

"You love him. Be worried about him."

"Khrab. P'Phun will be worried him from now on..."

"Great. Show the world that you still love him."

"That's creepy na, Pang."

Pang did not really care because she knew his brother needs support in this matter.

Noh was grateful that he, now, belongs to BEC-T company. For the last 5 months, he had been treated well by the staffs. Then, today, they were gathering in front of Noh, singing happy birthday song while one of them have a birthday cake in the hands.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NONG NOOOOOH~"

Noh could not hide his happiness. Moreover, person with high position in the office like Khun Tira was there, too, to celebrate Noh's birthday.

"Blow the candles!" Boun shouted from another side.

Noh closed his eyes to make a wish. A wish. Only one wish. He wished to make all messed up things in his life better this year. Yet, Noh opened his eyes, blew the candles, and shook his head because he realized that his wish are too big, it would not come true in a year.

"Ah, Phi, Phi, please eat the cake khrab. I can't eat it by myself." Noh said.

"Should we put it in pantry for everyone?" One of the colleagues asked.

"Khrab. Thank you khrab, P."

"But you have to eat this, too, Nong Noh. We bought it for you."

"Khrab, P. Thank you."

One by one, the colleagues came back to their own working desk. Noh turned around and walked to his own cubicle. He saw Boun came to his direction with a box decorated in ribbon.